Current XC40 would you purchase again

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Mercedes are pulling the same trick with the C Class. Your choice of add-ons is extremely limited.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue

gt40

Post by gt40 »

Silver Moose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 am
Ks2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:26 am @Silver Moose - what is wrong with the Pilot Assist, BLIS & headlamps out of interest ?
BLIS - Light only, no audible warning or steering correction
You sure?
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Blind Spot Monitoring is a warning light that shows up on the side mirror.

According to one YouTube reviewer in the US, the MY21 range now has BLIS as standard. It’s a £1,550 ($2,000) option in the UK.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

gt40 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:06 am
Silver Moose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 am
Ks2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:26 am @Silver Moose - what is wrong with the Pilot Assist, BLIS & headlamps out of interest ?
BLIS - Light only, no audible warning or steering correction
You sure?
Apologies, no. It would appear, according to website, that the XC40 now gets the same BLIS as other models.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Dafydd

Post by Dafydd »

Wow what an interesting discussion. I am looking to replace my Seat Ateca and the XC40 was top of my list. Rather than rely on magazine reviews I like to read what current owners think (the Evoque Forum raised all kinds of issues so I discounted it) so I am a little perturbed by how many of you love your car ..... but wont buy another. Perhaps I should reconsider and push the new Mercedes GLA to the top, what do owners think?

Dafydd
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Don't forget that this is an internet forum. Very few owners will actually be members or even know the forum exists. Those that frequent will generally be either very much for or very much against the model. And will either complain vehemently or praise excessively.

Most drivers will just drive from A to B and be happy.
Last edited by isvicthere on Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moss

Post by Moss »

BionicRusty wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:10 pm Blind Spot Monitoring is a warning light that shows up on the side mirror.
Indeed. I think the discussion shows some confusion between the BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with supplemented CTA (Cross Traffic Alert with auto-brake subfunction) and the LKA (Lane Keeping Aid) functions.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Dafydd wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:25 pm Wow what an interesting discussion. I am looking to replace my Seat Ateca and the XC40 was top of my list. Rather than rely on magazine reviews I like to read what current owners think (the Evoque Forum raised all kinds of issues so I discounted it) so I am a little perturbed by how many of you love your car ..... but wont buy another. Perhaps I should reconsider and push the new Mercedes GLA to the top, what do owners think?

Dafydd
If you want a fully-spec'd car, the GLA is extremely hard to ignore at this exact moment in time.

It's a leap of faith because, traditionally, small Mercs have had a high ratio of disappointed owners. However, the way Mercedes have done away with the a-la-carte builds & include ALL the toys into their Premium Plus package, it almost seems that they've got their prices wrong - just spec'd an AMG line with Premium Plus & it comes in way lower than the equivalent build from a year ago.

I'd definitely test-drive one if I were you. I suspect you'll find it doesn't match Volvo for build or ride comfort but that the quality of the tech will poss make up for it:

MBUX - Better than Volvo system by far
AR 'Tinkerbell' nav - Awesome
Multipoint headlamps - Equivalent (AST) not an option on XC40
Interior LED - True luxury feeling, very poor on Volvo

If the dimensions work for you, it could well be a head vs heart thing. The Volvo's the better built, the Merc will make you smile more often.
Real name Carl
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

OOPS! Just realised why it seemed such a bargain.

Mercedes UK are doing what they did with the A-Class & not offering Driver Assistance at launch. This explains the apparent price difference (though it is nice to see such things as the AR nav finally included within the pack).
Last edited by Silver Moose on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real name Carl
Bright Silver/Charcoal
gt40

Post by gt40 »

Dafydd wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:25 pm Wow what an interesting discussion. I am looking to replace my Seat Ateca and the XC40 was top of my list. Rather than rely on magazine reviews I like to read what current owners think (the Evoque Forum raised all kinds of issues so I discounted it) so I am a little perturbed by how many of you love your car ..... but wont buy another. Perhaps I should reconsider and push the new Mercedes GLA to the top, what do owners think?

Dafydd
If I based my purchasing decisions solely on info gathered from internet forums I'd have no cameras, phones, watches, bikes, vacuum cleaners, hi-fi, WiFi, washing machine, lawnmower, TV, fans, boiler, thermostat, garden hose.... or cars.

I like our Volvo and might even buy another and I've never repeated an exact brand/model purchase in my life.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19