Extension to Service & Warranty due to Virus Lockdown

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried to extend their service and / or warranty periods with their local Volvo dealer following the virus 3 month lockdown?
I've been advised (twice) by my local dealer that my XC40 is due for its first annual service and if not carried out the Volvo warranty will be affected.
I took delivery of the XC40 on 3rd September 2019 and have only driven 3100 miles since delivery because of the impact of the virus limiting travel.
The vehicle has had its 3 monthly check and the software updates etc and to my mind it's totally inefficient to service the vehicle at such a low mileage.
Your comment and views most welcome.

booke02

Post by booke02 »

Service (on any vehicle) should be carried out after x mileage, or after a period of time (generally 1 year) from the last service. Materials, such as rubber and oil, deteriorate with age, irrespective of usage. I never reach the mileage for service, but I do make sure that the vehicle is serviced annualy.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I believe Volvo extended intervals during actual lockdown when it was illegal to leave home for the purpose of getting your car serviced. However that's over now and doesn't apply to you in any case since your service wasn't due then.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I certainly wouldn't put it off. My Volvo garage serviced mine at the start of May with no problem including picking it up and returning it to me. With service package it didn't cost anything either.