Finally got mine!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Finally got mine today! T3 Auto Inscription (fortunately, MY20). Here are some quick pics.

20200808_134514.jpg

20200808_134434.jpg

20200808_134421.jpg

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Thank you, it's good to be here! It's been two days and so far so good, apart from some minor quality issues (panel gaps, small paint defects). Looking forward to my first long trip with it.
jborea

Post by jborea »

Received ours in May and ours has paint issues, what issues have you found with yours?
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Hard to explain but, there is a barely perceptible defect on the body over the rear left wheel arch, which you can only see looking from a certain angle. It looks as if someone dented it slightly, causing a very small concave damage, but when I put my fingers on it, I don't feel anything. Another issue is something like a small amount of paint residue around the same area.

Aside from the paint, there was also a small gap between the panel that houses the Sensus screen and the one below it with the buttons. They acknowledged the issues and promised to raise them with Volvo.
jborea

Post by jborea »

We're still awaiting to be contacted about ours and it was reported the day after receiving the vehicle, ours seems to have bubbles under the lacquer on the off side there's about 9-10 of these down the side of the vehicle and the paint work feels very rough to touch in 90% of places on the car!

Ours was delivered during lockdown on the 21st May so I'm wondering if ours was one of the last off the production line so was rushed out the doors!
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Hmm, that sounds much more serious than mine. I'd really push them about it if I were you, that's outrageous for a brand new car, let alone a "premium" one. That said, small niggles aside, I feel like this is indeed a premium car. I really like it so far.