T3 Rdesign Rattle

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RobsAppleJuice

Post by RobsAppleJuice »

I have a T3 also. If it’s what sounds like trim rattling from under the steering wheel/back of engine bay, I have just taken my car back from Volvo, where they had it for 2 weeks trying to find the source (I’d only had the car for a few weeks myself!)

Turned out to be a pipe in the engine bay had been fitted to the bracket incorrectly and vibrated against a metal part of the engine only under load, hence why it was difficult to find!

Can you describe the noise in any more detail?

Andyfta

Post by Andyfta »

RobsAppleJuice wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm I have a T3 also. If it’s what sounds like trim rattling from under the steering wheel/back of engine bay, I have just taken my car back from Volvo, where they had it for 2 weeks trying to find the source (I’d only had the car for a few weeks myself!)

Turned out to be a pipe in the engine bay had been fitted to the bracket incorrectly and vibrated against a metal part of the engine only under load, hence why it was difficult to find!

Rob did your issue get rectify ? As I’ve got the same noise and my car has been in the dealer for the 2 weeks, there saying it’s the clutch slave cylinder feed pipe. Hopefully I’ll get the car back this week 🤞🏻
RobsAppleJuice

Post by RobsAppleJuice »

Andyfta wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm
RobsAppleJuice wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm I have a T3 also. If it’s what sounds like trim rattling from under the steering wheel/back of engine bay, I have just taken my car back from Volvo, where they had it for 2 weeks trying to find the source (I’d only had the car for a few weeks myself!)

Rob did your issue get rectify ? As I’ve got the same noise and my car has been in the dealer for the 2 weeks, there saying it’s the clutch slave cylinder feed pipe. Hopefully I’ll get the car back this week 🤞🏻
I did indeed, they didn’t say exactly which pipe it was, but it was just a big heavy rubber pipe incorrectly mounted and vibrating against another metal component of the engine bay during load! A 5 minute fix in the end...
Pelat1

Post by Pelat1 »

Hi guys, I'm experiencing the same issue.
2 different Services and no solution yet. Is your transmission manual or geartronic?
Thank you!
RobsAppleJuice

Post by RobsAppleJuice »

Manual!