No Diesel Anymore

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
StewartM

Post by StewartM »

New PL just been uploaded to Volvo UK Website.

Diesels bite the dust, new T4 hybrid with less power from the petrol engine.

Pure electric rebranded as First Edition.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

They've also deleted the "lockable" and "cooled" attributes from the glove box, and no more colour-coordinated leather key.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Ffs, what is it with keys and volvo's?? πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒMight as well get rid of keys and just use people's smart phonesπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Sad day.
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Very surprising as my dealer said they sold 4 diesels for every petrol.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Think the writing has been on the wall for diesel for a while now, whole reason we got a petrol as opposed to a diesel.
Can see in a few years that resale on a diesel will not be so good compared to an equivalent petrol or hybrid.....
Jools

Post by Jools »

StewartM wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm Pure electric rebranded as First Edition.
Its not a re-brand..... just a special edition....

The Previous version was based on the R-Design, and you could then add "packs"

The P8 First Edition gets the R-Design Pro trim - and has all the Special Value packs included - Climate, Driver Assist, Versatility, Power Seat and Lounge Pack.

It also includes Premium metallic paint, leather trim, 20" wheels and the heat pump

:-)

Jools
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I’m glad we bought when we did. In a few years when we sell, the buyer will ask β€œ I’m calling about the car for sale, is it the model with a cooled glove box, 2 keys, flappy paddles and before Volvo dumbed down the spec?”
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

jamie307 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 pm They've also deleted the "lockable" and "cooled" attributes from the glove box, and no more colour-coordinated leather key.
Didn't even know that the glovebox was cooled. How pointless is that? Especially as it's not even big enough to accommodate a gnat's sunglasses!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

Agree with Stu.
We were thinking of a diesel then the dealer said they were going to be phased out. Also with more and more cities thinking of banning diesels from the city centres it convinced us to go for the T5. Ours is a 19reg bought with 9,000 miles on the clock. Hasn't got the paddle shift but having said that my former car-AMG A45- had them and must admit hardly used them.