LifeHammer location ??

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Hi Group,

After reading an article on my Dutch Volvo group about where we keep our lifehammer (or life hammer), I searched here for both "names" but found no hits.

Up to now I keep mine in the driver's door, but I would like to see how others did mount theirs
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
(Parking heater and heated steering wheel plus heated rear seats)

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

It's not common in the UK. I bought one a few years ago and couldn't decide where or how to mount it, so it's still in my desk drawer!
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Pawelle

Post by Pawelle »

Door pocket seems as good a place as any. I suppose it would have to be near to hand.

It's not something I've ever bought, that and a pair of furry dice.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I keep mine in the central cubby box. Sods law that if it was in a door pocket and the car rolled..it would fall out and I wouldn't be able to find it!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

When I got mine, I didn’t want to advertise that I had one by leaving it in the car. I now keep it in the fridge. If anyone was to try and steal it, it’s the last place they’d look.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
morganj

Post by morganj »

I have been using a Swiss Army Rescue tool in my cars for a few years. In my XC40 i keep it in the little slide out pocket in the drivers seat. Always easy to reach.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Pr ... 0.8623.MWN
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

What is a life hammer. I've never heard the term.
JackFast

Post by JackFast »

Salmonfisher wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:56 am What is a life hammer. I've never heard the term.
A hammer with sharp points to break a car window. Also has seat belt cutter to slice through the fabric belt.
Imagine being trapped in a car by the tensioned seatbelt, unable to open a window because the electrics have failed. Oh, and the engines on fire!!

Been available for years. Halfords sell them, as do Amazon. Amazon Basics do a pack of two for £12, or one for £7.

Depends how risk averse you are!
JackFast

Post by JackFast »

morganj wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 am I have been using a Swiss Army Rescue tool in my cars for a few years. In my XC40 i keep it in the little slide out pocket in the drivers seat. Always easy to reach.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Pr ... 0.8623.MWN
That location would depend how tight the tensioned seatbelts are holding you in place. Be awful if you couldn't reach your seat belt cutter as the seat belt was holding you rigid in your seat. You wouldn't even be able to bend over to kiss your.......goodbye.
---

Post by --- »

Hey folks. We have ours attached inside the XC40's drivers door pocket with Velcro (hook & loop) with strong adhesive backing, holding the Velcro in the door pocket.
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)