Lower boot floor

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

I bought the car, T4 R Design with the folding boot floor and the can of foam. Not happy not having a spare so got a space saver kit. The problem then was the original lower floor wouldn't fit with the wheel in place. So made a cover to go over the spacesaver which gives me a thin space under the cargo floor.
I was told this from Volvo was £100+ but couldn't find a part number so my £10 fix seems worth doing.
Anyone else gone down this route?
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red

Heathy

Post by Heathy »

Hi, I seem to have the same problem. Prior to collecting my MY2024 XC40 DarK Plus, about 3 weeks ago, I had the dealer fit a spare tyre/wheel to replace the inflation kit. When I look at the tyre insitu it isn’t packed on the left side by the stuff that’s on the right and without a floor between the wheel and the lifting/folding floor it just looks a bit scruffy. Is this normally what it looks like after replacing the kit with a wheel or is the packaging and/or a false floor missing?download/file.php?mode=view&id=3367

IMG_2983.jpeg

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I had this when I wanted a proper spare. There's a post from back in '21 where I posted all the OEM parts I bought, including the correct lower floor.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, as Felindre says you have to buy the tray/lower boot floor separately which is currently over £200!

If you've kept the old one you could cut the well out of it to make it fit and cover the hole with something.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Check out here...
viewtopic.php?t=2565&start=30
Part number on the following page (start=40)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21