SIM card - again

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Goldfish wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:39 pm
Skyrimmer wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:08 pm
rsvdaz wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:35 pm Have you link to the Three sim - I can’t find it on their website TIA
I think most forum users that have this got it from Amazon. I certainly did. Search for "Three sim 24gb"
Yes, this is the one. Any help to getting it work is most grateful. Ben
Problem resolved, a blank replacement SIM was initially sent to me by mistake instead of a new internet with leg SIM. Got a "replacement" today, insert and launch 😂. No delay no registration is needed 🤭

PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

While on this topic does it still come with a 100gb SIM? Does it come installed in the car or do we get it off the dealer? Asking as we are getting our XC40 in a couple of months and will need to cancel the SIM in our current car if we’re not transferring it.
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

PP1981 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 pm While on this topic does it still come with a 100gb SIM? Does it come installed in the car or do we get it off the dealer? Asking as we are getting our XC40 in a couple of months and will need to cancel the SIM in our current car if we’re not transferring it.
I didn’t think this offer was still available.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:00 pm
PP1981 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 pm While on this topic does it still come with a 100gb SIM? Does it come installed in the car or do we get it off the dealer? Asking as we are getting our XC40 in a couple of months and will need to cancel the SIM in our current car if we’re not transferring it.
I didn’t think this offer was still available.
I wasn’t sure as it still comes up on the Volvo website but not too fussed if not as I already have a SIM in our current suv. Can anyone else confirm this too please?
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

It is still in the price list - as part of the standard specification..

P-SIM Card – Access to 1 Year / 100GB of data 2) (n/a Pure elecric)
- Connectivity of all in-built applications
- Receiving of Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) to the navigation
- Receiving of updates to the navigation map and in-built applications
- Create Wi-fi hotspot for up to 8 devices
- Worry-free roaming across 42 countries
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Ok, I looks like I’m wrong about the sim not being available. I’m wrong multiple times everyday so the wife tells me.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

Dermottdog wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 am Ok, I looks like I’m wrong about the sim not being available. I’m wrong multiple times everyday so the wife tells me.
Thank you anyway but I will confirm the dealer has just told me YES it’ll have the Vodafone SIM upon delivery on the 23rd October!!
davehwt

Post by davehwt »

Received car end of April. XC40 inscription T4 AWD.Dealer only just opened that day due to COVID 19 and vodaphone SIM card not activated!
I have tried all the advice given on here and sat in the car to register with Vodaphone, it kept telling me I must be in the car with hotspot selected,I was!!
In the end I took your advice and bought 3 data SIM card .
Put the card in the boot unit ,opened the drivers door to greeted with a chime a globe on display already on the internet !!!!!!!! How quick and simple was that.
Bought the 3 card 24GB with legs from Amazon cost £44.50 but worth it after all the Vodaphone hassle.
Card can be topped up when required.
P.S. need to use the card in full size do not break it down to mini or micro card size.
Sorry first post so long.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one from Amazon.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue