Polestar marketing

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Morse

Post by Morse »

Received a marketing email from Volvo offering the Polestar upgrade via a two week free trial. I’m not sure it’s worth the money, I’m more than satisfied with the performance of my T5. Are many of you tempted by the offer?

Get even more from your Volvo car with Polestar Engineered Optimisation, including enhanced agility, improved control and sharper response. A more personal car that suits you and your way of driving – available at your local retailer today. Plus, you can enjoy a 14-day trial.

Check to see if your model is eligible below.

Polestar Optimisation for £745
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.

Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

Hi Morse
I have got the T5 also. I had the polestar upgrade put on when I got the car. Having come from a A45 AMG Merc just thought i would need the extra oomph. Didn't get to drive the T5 without it. You can tell the difference when you switch it on as the engine increases in revs and it holds it in gear for longer. The 700 odd pounds they want for it in my opinion is a bit steep as there are companies out there who will increase the power to near 300bhp for half the cash. The only thing is that with the Polestar it is fitted by Volvo so any problems are guaranteed under warranty. Best idea have it fitted, try it and if you don't like it have them take it off.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I have Polestar on my T5, I got it when it was on offer at £500, plus I got an infinity scheme discount on top of this so it made it much more reasonably priced at about £435 I think. To be honest I very rarely use it, as I never drove my car without it I don't know how much difference it makes.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Morse

Post by Morse »

Thanks both,
That’s quite an increase in pricing. To be honest I can’t really afford to go for it at this moment in time (currently furloughed and every possibility that I’m about to lose my job) so it would have been one for the back burner anyway, but really wondered just how much of a difference it really makes in a T5 especially given they state it does not impact mpg.
I’ll not be taking this any further but might speak to the mechanics about this when I take it in for a service in 5 months time.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I haven’t received an email yet, maybe I never will. If I do, I won’t be taking up the offer. Lots of people that have had Polestar installed rave about it, others can take it or leave it. For me, £750 is too much of my hard earned to get such a minor improvement in performance. Obviously, when you inform your insurance, there might be an additional cost too. People also say it’s about drivability. Looking at the chart, the torque curve is less flexible? Living on the outskirts of London and Kent, we can’t go many places without coming across a speed bump or the now new driver annoying measure - the 20 mph speed limit!!

1A3280BB-B755-43CE-8C84-7112271AE373.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deluded User 2020

Post by Deluded User 2020 »

That 0.1s decrease to 60mph must make it all seem worthwhile :)