Easy Steps to connect to Vodafone SIM

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Hi All
After wasting about 2 hours to connect my SIM I thought I'd share the steps that make it 5 mins to connect and activate the free SIM card.
The dealer SIM is worth getting (100GB should be fine for 1 years music and maps etc) for free! But it is not obvious how to connect and my dealer was useless. I had 2 issues, but Google was more help than the dealer.....
Initially for me the SIM card would just not connect, the globe internet icon just would not appear on the Volvo screen but I had 4 bars of signal. Eventually I turned the car off, pulled out the SIM card (in boot rear right under cover, looks like a USB stick with an arrow) reinserted, turned car on and it connected!

Basically you have to to set the car up as a WiFi hotspot and use a laptop in the car to connect and register on the Vodafone link (my Apple phone wouldn't do it, maybe Android might).
Then it worked, connected and online! Would take me 5 mins now to do it again.

The dealer never gave me this link, which makes it obvious:
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/huma ... c/activate

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I managed to connect using an iPad but it took a few refreshes of the screen. All good now
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

That was my experience, absolutely would not connect with 2 different iPads or an Android Samsung Note 9, tried many times.

With a Windows 10 laptop it connected first time, straight to Vodaphoe website. Didn't need to unplug SIM or anything.