Audio - how to prevent switch off?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

I have the XC40 T4 Inscription with standard audio system.

When sound is on, e.g. radio, spotify , and I switch off the ignition and open driver door, the audio switches off. So far so good.

Now, suppose I have a passenger staying in the car who wants to continue listening to whatever it was, I press the big manual volume button to switch it on again. There is a big annoying delay while the radio (DAB) restarts, and with Spotify it takes forever as the internet connection is re-established, and log on takes place. Super annoying.

Is there any way round this? Have I missed something in the car set up and options?

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Never seen anything in settings to alter behaviour - Volvo do seem 'unique' in all their odd ignition settings & their timers.

Only way I know to keep audio going is:

1) Turn off ignition as usual
2) With foot off brake, turn ignition back on
3) Now open door & enjoy the sound of Sweden's next Eurovision entry ("Bing, Bing, Bong")
4) Exit car (passenger will still have to keep an eagle-eye on screen to counter time-out)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Just press the play button in the middle of the volume knob and it comes back on.
Last edited by Deleted User 1240 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

"Just press the play button in the middle of the volume knob and it comes back on." - No it doesn't. That's why I posted the question.
Deleted User 2766

Post by Deleted User 2766 »

charles_M wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am "Just press the play button in the middle of the volume knob and it comes back on." - No it doesn't. That's why I posted the question.
Yes it does!!

Press as you did and the delay starts, but just press again and the delay stops and the DAB starts. Simply put, press the button twice and the "long" delay becomes a short delay of a second or so.
Last edited by Deleted User 2766 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

charles_M wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am "Just press the play button in the middle of the volume knob and it comes back on." - No it doesn't. That's why I posted the question.
Sorry, I should have read the question properly !!
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

Thanks all, just been trying....
DAB radio comes back after a few presses and delay, irritating but not too bad
Spotify - have to regain internet connection and login, very very slow......
Deleted User 2766

Post by Deleted User 2766 »

charles_M wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm Thanks all, just been trying....
DAB radio comes back after a few presses and delay, irritating but not too bad
Spotify - have to regain internet connection and login, very very slow......
For DAB mine takes literally two presses. Not two in quick succession, like you would double-click a mouse, but more a leisurely press, then press again.

I would never pay for Spotify, shame it doesn't work with the free account version, so can't help with the Internet connection, it's not something I use.