Dealer Smartphone upgrade

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bunyarra

Post by Bunyarra »

Hi there,

<waves> Just bought our fist Volvo :) XC40 T4 R Design Pro. Rather a lovely car and the missus seems happy so result!

Question for a Captain. The car was only missing the Smartphone integration so I got the dealer to add it. But there still seems to be only one USB port rather than the double unit. Does this not come with the dealer installed kit?

Thanks.

Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

You will get 2x USB ports after the retrofit.
Bunyarra

Post by Bunyarra »

Hmm .. only 1 was installed. Will email him to ask. Thanks.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Bunyarra wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 pm Hmm .. only 1 was installed. Will email him to ask. Thanks.
Mine was installed by the dealer in Nov'19 - 100% its a 2 USB port you get as they run a new cable and change the face plate as part of the upgrade.

Good luck getting to correct it - if you need photos etc let me know.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Had mine done March this year. Got 2 USB - one normal, one with white border & was given the original single connector back.

Does your single port now work with Android Auto or CarPlay? More crafty cost-cutting?

If your single port doesn't work, they've stuffed up. If it does, Volvo need a poke in the eye for yet another cost-cut.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Silver Moose wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 pm If your single port doesn't work, they've stuffed up. If it does, Volvo need a poke in the eye for yet another cost-cut.
In the time I have been on this forum there have been a number posts about dealers that try to short cut the upgrade by not ordering the new plate (saving money). I guess this is more a penny pinching dealer than Volvo.

Still stunned by the 1 key... just mental decision making
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Bunyarra

Post by Bunyarra »

Silver Moose wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 pm Had mine done March this year. Got 2 USB - one normal, one with white border & was given the original single connector back.

Does your single port now work with Android Auto or CarPlay? More crafty cost-cutting?

If your single port doesn't work, they've stuffed up. If it does, Volvo need a poke in the eye for yet another cost-cut.
It does work with AA, suspected the dealer cost cut as I asked for a discount on the upgrade :) Thought it should be 2 ... will be calling in the morning. As he is 300 miles away, will be interesting to hear how they resolve it <grin>

Delivery ... the driver just dropped the car off, no hand over, no explanation of anything or even a check list for him to go through. Apparently they are too busy to do remote customer support for 40k cars ..
Bunyarra

Post by Bunyarra »

DarrenF wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 pm
Silver Moose wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 pm If your single port doesn't work, they've stuffed up. If it does, Volvo need a poke in the eye for yet another cost-cut.
In the time I have been on this forum there have been a number posts about dealers that try to short cut the upgrade by not ordering the new plate (saving money). I guess this is more a penny pinching dealer than Volvo.

Still stunned by the 1 key... just mental decision making
I got 2 keys plus the small keyless fob. Was worried they would only provide one but all good.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Should be twin sockets and also need to make sure you ask for both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, otherwise they will load only one of the other...