Poll time - Would you have paid to have a different colour?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

Would you have paid to have a different car body colour?

Yes
42%
No
56%
Other (please set out below)
1%

Total votes: 222

NemosMum

Post by NemosMum »

As an FE owner I would have liked a wider choice but wouldn’t have paid extra for it tbh. I do think the cyan racing blue above would look great with the black roof.
XC40 First Edition T5 - Bursting Blue/Charcoal 20"

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Boomer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:09 pm I'd have looked to something like a metallic burnt orange with the black roof.
Oh yes! a burnt orange would have looked great! That's the colour I would've gone for too, I love the BMW Valencia Orange and the VW Turmeric Yellow.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Wouldn't have paid extra, but wish that they offered a broader range of colours. I'm awaiting an Inscription (didn't want a black roof, did want full leather and did want a T5), the colour pallette for the Inscription is particularly subdued. Would have liked something similar to the Flamenco red of my current v60.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Agreed. I cannot understand why they didn't produce a colou palatte for the model (complete range) and let the owners decide what they want. Simple!
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Could be worse - the old Citroen C4 Cactus came in a range of bright colours. The new one comes in a choice of nine - three are largely the same grey, two are white, and one's black. Monochromatic doesn't quite cover it.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I'd have been more than happy to have chosen one of the standard colours, would probably have gone with the grey or red on the FE - but I had the choice of blue, or blue! Least I managed to get an FE though :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Slightly disappointed with the colour choice for the Inscription range. My first choice was to go with an R Design Osmium Grey body and black roof which I had seen at the dealers and looked great. However, having been advised that if I went for an R Design, I wouldn't get it until first quarter 2019, I was persuaded to go for an Inscription instead. I couldn't find a car in pine grey to view and thought it may be a little green for my taste so opted for onyx black instead.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Brandyman wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm Slightly disappointed with the colour choice for the Inscription range. My first choice was to go with an R Design Osmium Grey body and black roof which I had seen at the dealers and looked great. However, having been advised that if I went for an R Design, I wouldn't get it until first quarter 2019, I was persuaded to go for an Inscription instead. I couldn't find a car in pine grey to view and thought it may be a little green for my taste so opted for onyx black instead.

That will look very good.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Thank you
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
utvptrca

Post by utvptrca »

I could, but I choose not to. It is a company car and I could still put some money on top, which I did for some other extras, but I just reasoned that it made no sense to pay for it. I think the XC40 looks fab in Fusion Red, but the missus would certainly think "middle-age crisis in the making". There are some other colours that look cool too. Fusion Red I think is the best (with the black grille and roof rails)

It could have been the metallic white - but the missus metallic white BMW X1 would not have it - or metallic black. All at extra cost - about 500 euros or so. For "free" it was either refrigerator white (not a favorite) or Black Stone, which works fine for me so I got that (although here the all black front grille and black roof rails are exclusive of the R-Design so mine are matte aluminium/silver). This way I have both a Yin and a Yang in the garage.