MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

RichardXC wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:35 pm
Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:50 pm As far as I can see, the service plan would pay for itself in two years at that price, deffo worth having.
I believe the service includes 12 months volvo recovery even if its on the service plan, so there's 3 years with the car, then another 2 years with the service, at around £120 a year?
I think you are right about the recovery plan, and as you say, that makes it a bit of a no-brainer.
Thinking about it, you would actually get an extra 3 years recovery, as it would be 12 months after the 5th service!
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Shan

Post by Shan »

RichardXC wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm
Shan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:00 pm So the latest on my complaint, response from the dealer:

"On further investigation, it appears the orange Care Key is not programmable. This is how all new cars will now be supplied with one programmable key and one Care Key.

To recognise and respond to customers concerns, Volvo have reduced the price of remote key fobs to £75 (including VAT and labour). Please note this key will not include the emergency key blade."

Dealer won't swallow the cost of the replacement key, and Volvo think they are already offering the earth probably. Making me reconsider going with the service plan they are still trying to flog me!! What's going to be missing from that - the service?
It is interesting that Volvo now acknowledge the concerns of their customers by reducing the price of a spare key.

I'm also considering a service plan. I've been offered 5 years (5 services) for £599, which sounds like a good deal - assuming we keep the car for 5 years, which we are currently planning to do.
£599 for 5 years!!! I'm looking at over £900 for 3 years - is that full servicing or a warranty. What they are offering me is basically the first 3 annual services, which would probably work out at around £1000 anyway at main dealer prices

Update on the key - Volvo sent the dealer the wrong one. Had the tow bar fitted yesterday expecting to pick up the new key and they had sent another care key!!! Dealer is now going to swallow the £75 for a new key if they ever get the right one.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Hi Shan. Re the key, that’s great news.
Now we just need Volvo to do a full turnaround on this ridiculous change and provide two keys as standard.
Perhaps Volvo are going retro with these changes. I had a Ford Capri that only had one key and no rear passenger light. 😂

I’ve already messaged BBC Watchdog about this. If we all do the same, perhaps it will have a positive action.
They can be contacted through their website and they also have a Twitter account. 👍
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Shan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 am
RichardXC wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm
Shan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:00 pm So the latest on my complaint, response from the dealer:

"On further investigation, it appears the orange Care Key is not programmable. This is how all new cars will now be supplied with one programmable key and one Care Key.

To recognise and respond to customers concerns, Volvo have reduced the price of remote key fobs to £75 (including VAT and labour). Please note this key will not include the emergency key blade."

Dealer won't swallow the cost of the replacement key, and Volvo think they are already offering the earth probably. Making me reconsider going with the service plan they are still trying to flog me!! What's going to be missing from that - the service?
It is interesting that Volvo now acknowledge the concerns of their customers by reducing the price of a spare key.

I'm also considering a service plan. I've been offered 5 years (5 services) for £599, which sounds like a good deal - assuming we keep the car for 5 years, which we are currently planning to do.
£599 for 5 years!!! I'm looking at over £900 for 3 years - is that full servicing or a warranty. What they are offering me is basically the first 3 annual services, which would probably work out at around £1000 anyway at main dealer prices

Update on the key - Volvo sent the dealer the wrong one. Had the tow bar fitted yesterday expecting to pick up the new key and they had sent another care key!!! Dealer is now going to swallow the £75 for a new key if they ever get the right one.
The one I bought, via the Volvo dealer, is full servicing for 5 years at a price of £599.
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

I can't see BBC Watchdog interested in some poor unfortunate Volvo owners having spent £40k, now having to spend an additional £75.

Not exactly riveting TV 😀.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Shan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 am £599 for 5 years!!! I'm looking at over £900 for 3 years - is that full servicing or a warranty. What they are offering me is basically the first 3 annual services, which would probably work out at around £1000 anyway at main dealer prices

I was offered the £399 for three year service plan, which the dealer said was a no brainier. However I lost a key on my previous V40 last year and a replacement was £326, so £75 seems like a good deal.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Servicing offers come and go and are not always advertised very well (if at all). I ordered my V60 on 3/7 and had searched hard for servicing offers beforehand & could find none. I was delighted when told I could have 3 years for £399 or 5 for £599.

As others have said, it's a no-brainer if the offer falls right for you - current offer is for cars ordered between 1/7/20 & 30/9/20.

Note though that you can go on-line to get a service plan quote anytime up to 4 years after purchase. No idea how these prices come out but it may be worth dipping in & out to check if you don't already have a plan.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mainte ... vice-plans
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Shan

Post by Shan »

Silver Moose wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:20 pm Servicing offers come and go and are not always advertised very well (if at all). I ordered my V60 on 3/7 and had searched hard for servicing offers beforehand & could find none. I was delighted when told I could have 3 years for £399 or 5 for £599.

As others have said, it's a no-brainer if the offer falls right for you - current offer is for cars ordered between 1/7/20 & 30/9/20.

Note though that you can go on-line to get a service plan quote anytime up to 4 years after purchase. No idea how these prices come out but it may be worth dipping in & out to check if you don't already have a plan.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mainte ... vice-plans
Just did that quote - over £1100 for 3 years at 5000 miles per year!! Maybe I'm getting hammered because it's the plug in hybrid.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Shan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:39 pm Just did that quote - over £1100 for 3 years at 5000 miles per year!! Maybe I'm getting hammered because it's the plug in hybrid.
Wow! That's a rip-off!

At 5k p.a. you're effectively only paying to keep the warranty valid. Software updates aside (which, presumably, will all happen OTA for those prepared to wait for the new models with Android Automotive), you could just change the oil to fully synthetic when you picked up the car and it wouldn't really need servicing at all for those 3 years.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

isvicthere wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 am I can't see BBC Watchdog interested in some poor unfortunate Volvo owners having spent £40k, now having to spend an additional £75.

Not exactly riveting TV 😀.
Fair point. 😂
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020