MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

At time of order I was told by salesman that we'd get two keys, plus the sports key. Have just checked the order confirmation and it doesn't mention the amount of keys included. Checking the website it states the XC40 comes with two remote control keys that can be linked to driver profiles. If that's not the case I will be very displeased having been expressly told we'd get (in effect) 3 keys.

Gav678

Post by Gav678 »

Fortunately, after reading this forum, I made it clear to the dealership I wouldn’t accept 1 black and 1 orange key. Not a problem they said ..

End of Oct, picked the car up and 2 black keys and an orange one. Seems some dealers are more willing than others.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Have emailed dealership just now asking about the key situation. Will update with the response.
VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

Just collected my Inscription Pro today, and it came with 2 keys - one main black key, and the orange key. NO sports key. I asked about the sports key, and apparently that is now only included as part of an optional extra package, can't remember which one, and we didn't order any options so obviously didn't get the key.

I will be reading the manual over the weekend to try to figure out what I can and can't do with orange key.
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Bit annoyed. Reply from dealer:

"In reference to the key, the car comes with 2 keys, a normal key and then a key we call the care key(also known as the orange key) this key can have a speed limit set on it, if you want another normal key then you can order one and the cost to have the key ordered is £85."

£85 is better than I was expecting, but this seems like penny pinching on a £40,000 vehicle.
beszi

Post by beszi »

I've just received (in Hungary) my T5 Recharge with two fobs, one normal and one orange. The orange is assigned to Drive Profile 2 automatically and saves all the settings for mirrors, seat, etc. However, I can't change the name of the profile. Since both me and my wife will drive the car, she is outrageous that she stuck as Driver Profile 2, and you know the saying, Happy wife, happy life :D. Anyway,
1) do you know how Driver Profile 2's name can be changed (it is grayed out)?
2) do you know, when you buy a second normal key fob, whether they add a new driver profile to the car or not?

Thanks! b
Moss

Post by Moss »

beszi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:10 pm I've just received (in Hungary) my T5 Recharge with two fobs, one normal and one orange. The orange is assigned to Drive Profile 2 automatically and saves all the settings for mirrors, seat, etc. However, I can't change the name of the profile. Since both me and my wife will drive the car, she is outrageous that she stuck as Driver Profile 2, and you know the saying, Happy wife, happy life :D. Anyway,
1) do you know how Driver Profile 2's name can be changed (it is grayed out)?
2) do you know, when you buy a second normal key fob, whether they add a new driver profile to the car or not?

Thanks! b
I have no personal experience with this, but according to the XC40 manual (updated 18/05/2020) it should be possible to change the name of a driver profile. It reads as follows :

* Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
* Press SystemDriver Profiles.
* Select Edit Profile.
A menu opens, where the profile can be edited.
* Tap in the box Profile Name.
A keyboard appears, and it is possible to change the name. Tap on  to close the keyboard.
* Save the name change by pressing Back or Close.
The name has now been changed.
Note : A profile name cannot start with a space, as the profile name will not then be saved.

If that doesn't work, ask your dealer to change the name(s) of your driver profile(s).
Some would possibly suggest that another solution to the problem would be to let your Happy Wife have the main driver profile...
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Only if it's assigned to a regular (black) key it would seem. I have tried but with only an orange second key this functionality is greyed out.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Moss

Post by Moss »

Felindre wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 am Only if it's assigned to a regular (black) key it would seem. I have tried but with only an orange second key this functionality is greyed out.
Interesting. So, if the functionality is greyed out when you only have an orange second key fob, it is impossible to change the name of the main driver profile, assigned to the regular black key fob ?
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

No, the main driver profile you can assigned to the black key and edit and rename. Beszi is referring to the orange key which defaults to profile 2 and you cannot rename.

From earlier comments, if you get a second key and assign to the car you can associate with profile 2 and rename. I guess the orange then associates to profile 3?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21