MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 am That's right, I'm just pointing out that if you only have 1 proper key, there's nothing to remember with the memory function. Every other car I've had with memory function has adjusted seats and mirrors depending on which key is used to unlock the car. Does yours have the two buttons on the door?
Well if someone uses the care key and then fiddles with the settings, they should be restored when you get back in with your proper key, so that's something.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Volvo UK just emailed to confirm they have no intention of supplying a second main key and just ignored my questions to explain why the website still states it comes with 2 keys for saving driving profiles.....
For me it's not worth rejecting the car as I don't have the power seats and memory. But if you did order that it could be really annoying! (When every other 'premium' manufacturer gives 2 main keys for 2 drivers as standard)
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

I wonder if you choose the Pro pack as I have, you still get 2 keys? I have contacted them also asking this.
aublick

Post by aublick »

Hello everyone! On the topic of orange key, this Friday I have collected my full specs Inscription model in Belgium. I confirm that I was also given one black and one orange key (in addition to sports key). The dealer claimed that the orange key has the same functionality as the black one, but this is not the case.

When I unlock the car with the orange key, the "driver profile 3" is selected automatically and it cannot be changed, the driver profiles are all greyed-out. But in addition to that, I realised something weird, and I think there may be a software bug in play. Even when I unlock the car with the regular black key, and then manually choose the "driver profile 3", the driver profile menu again becomes greyed-out and I cannot change it, even though I'm using the regular key (and the orange key is nowhere near). Also, because of that, the "driver profile 3" cannot ever be renamed, as everything is that menu greyed-out as soon as it has been selected.

Does anyone else have similar experience?
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

New member here. Almost at the point of ordering an XC40. The memory seats is an important function for me, and a big factor in my buying decision. It really seems ridiculous to offer memory seats but only a single usable key to access them...

In fact, under the subject heading "Power Driver Seat with Memory for Seat and Exterior Mirrors", the Volvo website says the following:

The power driver seat can be tailored in multiple ways – you'll easily find the perfect driving position. Enhancing your convenience, the memory function perfectly adjusts the seat and door mirrors every time. All seat settings are easily adjusted using intuitive controls or via the centre display with touch screen. When you unlock your car using your personal remote control, the seat and door mirrors automatically adjust to your latest settings. Alternatively, you can select your memorized position using the memory buttons on the front door upper panel. Each driver can have his or her personal remote control, and the car will adjust to the individual settings of each control. Two remote controls are standard, and your Volvo can handle up to an additional ten remote controls.

This seems completely at odds with the idea that only one key is supplied.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Guess Volvo will want you to order additional keys if you want the full functionality.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Well I spoke to the salesman today and he said it was the first he'd heard of it, and they had not had any MY21 cars in yet to check. He promised me that I would have two, fully functioning "black" keys with my car. I did tell him I would not be paying the best part of 40000 quid for a car with only 1key. Maybe, due to the dealer messing up the original order, they will stand any cost of an additional key. Told me it was still due for delivery late August. As I'm going away late August I'll be picking it up late September, which gives them a month to check the car out (and how many keys it has) 😁also gives me a chance to check out alternative offers from other manufacturers if there is a slump in car sales 😳😳. Like I've said before, I'm not over impressed about all the cost cutting around the details, so I'm happy to check out the competition a bit more. Maybe if the dealers start to give negative feedback volvo will rethink the 1 key situation. I'm definitely no expert, but let's face it one of the questions they ask when valuing your car is have you got two keys? Maybe a Volvo dealer will accept it, but if you fancy a change, its going to cost you a couple of hundred quid, surely?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

Has anyone priced up a new key and the programming of it?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

My Google fu may be weak, but volvo want 175 quid for a shell, without all the gubbins that actually does anything😳😳😳
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Inspro

Post by Inspro »

Hi newbie here

Due to pick up an inscription pro in september having ordered back in March/April time.

Reading all the stories about single key I did some digging, as I was uneasy possibly getting a single key. It appears if you ordered an MY20 that is what should be delivered, with 2 keys, if an MY21 was ordered then it is single key. The issie arises with who is it blame I rattled some cages at Volvo using

Consumer protection act 2008 - giving false or insuffcient information

And

2015 consumer rights act - car not as described (the man on the clapham omnibus - a regular man in the street would expect a car to have two keys)

I did get a response after some pushing that if I sent them my order numbef and dealership Volvo UK would review covering the cost of a second key. Unfortunately if you ordered an MY21 the issue lies with the dealership as that is where you should of been informed but I do not see any issue raising this with volvo as the more that do the more likely it is to change.

Apologies for the long post but hopefully the 1 key issue gets resolved.

Thanks