Best Screen Protector

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

My XC40 is only due in September but I’ve been eagerly reading reviews and forums as you do :D

Can anyone recommend if a screen protector is the way to go and if so which one is best.

Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

Yes it’s definitely worth having a matte screen protector, it doesn’t show greasy finger marks on the screen and also cuts out reflections so the screen is clearer in bright sunlight.
I purchased a BROTECT product from eBay and got 2 screen protectors for £5.99. Easy to fit and no air bubbles 👍
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

An essential bit if kit in my opinion and the first thing I bought for the car. As Spider62 says BROTECT do a XC40 specific matte screen protector. You can get one off Amazon or ebay. Also protects against cleaning chemicals and drinks spills.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

I, too, have the Brotect (2-pack film, avoid the glass ones) in matte and I think it's absolutely faultless & it matches the surface of the driver's display.

However, they also offer an HD Clear version as well now - personal preference.

Going to give the clear a chance on my next car & swap to matte if I don't like it.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

+1 for the Brotect matte version, I did consider the clear glass version but happy with the flexi, saves any mishaps with cleaning substances and also endlessly wiping the screen hence more opportunity to damage. Got mine from Amazon 2 days form order to delivery. Make sure you follow the tutorial for application and use the misty window method, avoids having to reapply or worse a big bubble or bubbles caused by fibres and dust.
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Another happy customer with the Brotect matte product. I paid £6.58 from Amazon, no postage, this was in March.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

Excellent product - I fitted Brotect to the display the day after I got my XC40 and haven't had a finger print since, just have wipe over with microfibre to remove dust on Amazon @ £7.29 & FREE Delivery
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Metroman wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 pm +1 for the Brotect matte version, I did consider the clear glass version but happy with the flexi, saves any mishaps with cleaning substances and also endlessly wiping the screen hence more opportunity to damage. Got mine from Amazon 2 days form order to delivery. Make sure you follow the tutorial for application and use the misty window method, avoids having to reapply or worse a big bubble or bubbles caused by fibres and dust.
Just to clarify, the HD Clear is a version of the film protector, not glass (which are rubbish).

Not sure if it will be as good at stopping fingerprints - time will tell. Also seems that they have changed adhesive on latest production from grabby to slidey - no idea whether that's a good thing???

P.S: Applied my grabby matte one without bothering with bowls of hot water & no issues or air bubbles - a new Volvo with leather seats is a lot less dusty than 1970 Ford Granada with velour upholstery :)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

Thanks, seems pretty unanimous. Could anyone post an Amazon link please so I definitely get the right one !
Moss

Post by Moss »

Ks2 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:35 am Thanks, seems pretty unanimous. Could anyone post an Amazon link please so I definitely get the right one !
This is the clear one :

but this is the matte one most have and recommend :