R-Design or Inscription?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Oldcol

Post by Oldcol »

Thankyou Danishpastry for the reply ,
I do need to get a couple of test drives thats for sure , would like to try out the auto,
like yourself i have been a staunch manual gearbox driver , and now the t4 has now been replaced with the b4 mild hybrid , thats another step into the future for me .

energyuk

Post by energyuk »

Thank Goldy for tip about pillar branding stickers, ordered and now waiting delivery.
Good Idea.
XC40 / B4P / Inscription / Pebble Grey / Blond Leather / Climate Pack / Driver Assist Pack / Lounge Pack / 19.5 Alloys / Tempa Spare Wheel / Dark Tinted Rear Windows
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I went through a similar process back in December, poring over the differences between the specs. I've been spoilt for the last year as December 19 my misses updated her car to a VW T-Cross R Line. This has adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring cross traffic alert, lane following, etc so I'm now used to these features.

Decided to go Inscription as it had closer to my needs (I made a list of wants and musts), but I added the driver assist pack to get the extra assists, climate pack as my current Tiguan has heated seats, and I went for the blonde leather. I've had it in a previous Jaguar and it's so much nicer with the light interior. I wanted denim blue till I saw it in the flesh, think I was expecting the colour to be what is actually bursting blue, which isn't available on the inscription. Went for fusion red in the end, having seen it in the flesh at the dealers.

Just waiting impatiently now for mine to be built and delivered, expected end of march.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
KatB

Post by KatB »

I test drive an inscription first and could easily have walked away never to return, couldn’t see the fuss. Then test drove the R Design the week after and felt like a completely different car. I drive a golf GTI at the moment for comparison. The interior for me is much nicer, and the handling noticeably different.

I have a T4 R Design being picked up in 2 weeks πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Š
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

I just ordered a new XC40 T3 R-Design Auto for delivery to dealer in August. Too close to new registration to collect it, so looks like a collection on the first week in September. Tried to get one sooner that was already on the system but only available in black. I drive mainly on country roads so for me the R-Design was the better choice.
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

I have the RDesign T4. It's a nice car but it certainly isn't sporty around corners.

Compared to my previous car, VW Golf, it's like a ship on the high seas around corners.
richard III

Post by richard III »

Best of both worlds: Get a fully loaded Inscription then get the roof wrapped in black so it looks like an R-Design. Nobody notices the chrome and you on't need to wear a baseball cap back to front.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Or get the R-Design and have roof wrapped body coloured. You then just have to buy a tweed jacket and a load of RAC/AA badges and stick them on the front😜😜
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Dermottdog wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm Or get the R-Design and have roof wrapped body coloured. You then just have to buy a tweed jacket and a load of RAC/AA badges and stick them on the front😜😜
Very LOL
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Dermottdog wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm Or get the R-Design and have roof wrapped body coloured. You then just have to buy a tweed jacket and a load of RAC/AA badges and stick them on the front😜😜

… πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and don’t forget the right sort of driving gloves

699E288E-CBAD-4A64-A633-DD2066790E4F.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o