Help with New XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gleniw

Post by gleniw »

Hello All,

I received my XC40 yesterday and have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Is there a protective screen on the display? I’ve noticed it has some bubbles underneath but didn’t want to pick at it if it’s just a fault?

I assume CarPlay isn’t standard. Wrongly assumed it would be. Is it possible to play directly from your phone rather than using the streaming option?

Did anyone have issues setting up the Volvo App. I just cannot get it to connect.

Thanks In advance

Glen

Bob

Post by Bob »

If you can see bubbles it is likely to be the protective film used during manufacture/shipping to protect it.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

As Bob says it sounds like the thin protective film that would normally be removed during the PDI. If you not sure about piddling at it then why not call your dealer to confirm.
Strongly recommend you purchase and fit a matte screen protector otherwise you will be wiping the screen every 5 minutes to remove greasy finger smears.
Enjoy you car👍🏼
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Definitely get the matt screen protector, they really do work £7-10 on Amazon for the Brotect flexible type and really easy to apply if you follow the misted windows method!

The problem I had with VOC was Windows 10 related and is insurmountable as the app is not compatible with this OS.If you are using an iPhone then make sure you have a Volvo ID registered then log in and follow the instructions on the app whilst in the car, make sure you press the VOC button in the car when prompted and it should connect, can't comment on Android but shouldn't be far different.

I think that the smartphone integration can be retrofitted by the dealer, for a price of course!

Enjoy your new wheels!!
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Metroman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:37 am The problem I had with VOC was Windows 10 related and is insurmountable as the app is not compatible with this OS.
Are you talking about a Windows 10 phone or PC.
I didn't realise Windows 10 had a VOC App, I've just loaded it on to my PC and it appears to work fine.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Hi Bob,

It was on a Windows 10 phone (nokia lumia 550). I also tried a Win10 laptop to no effect. What version of Win10 mobile are you running? The App downloaded and installed OK but wouldn't connect.
Volvo confirmed that the App wasn't compatible with the current VOC function on Win10 !!
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Metroman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am What version of Win10 mobile are you running?
I wasn't using a mobile, I was using it on a PC running Windows 10 Professional. It seems to work fine on that.
gleniw

Post by gleniw »

Thanks for the responses, turned out to be a film they should have removed as suggested. They turned on the heat air vent to full power next to one corner and it made it easy to peel off.

Now I’ve got used to the interface, I’m actually quite happy, although I really would like Google Maps and Podcasts.

Will certainly take up the advice on the screen protector, took all of 5 minutes to be all marked up!