First proper drive

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Hi All,

Had my first decent spell of driving my new XC40 this weekend and on the whole I'm very impressed. The autobox is very smooth and the car actually performed better than expected on fuel at an average of 54.9mpg which is what I was getting with our previous 1.6L e-HDi C4 Picasso for the same journey.
The in car WiFi worked faultlessly , or so I am told and didn't drop out even in some challenging signal areas.
Overall it's a very comfortable place to be,my only gripe is that there is a fair bit of tyre noise especially on the rougher surfaced roads, but other than that I'm very pleased.

What I'm not so pleased about is the supagard paint protection that has been marked by bird poo even though it was removed carefully(soaked with tissue paper, then gently rinsed off :evil:
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.

brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

Supagard paint protection is very poor when it comes to bird poo! (IMHO) I’ve got it on my current Volvo, and had it on my previous two. Never again. I should have listened to the advice on this forum, and spent the money at a reliable ‘car detailer’.