Checking spec from VIN/chassis number

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Hi guys, was given a VIN on 5 March that as now been changed, dealer saying they duplicated VIN's to hide cars from other dealers, not sure what they're paying at there, however with BMW I could check the spec by using the VIN before the car arrived, can you do the same with Volvo in any way and if so, please advise on how best to?

Just want to check I've got my all important headlight washers as the car is due end of the month :D :D
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

In "Volvo ID" you can register/link your car using the VIN to your Volvo ID profile. Not sure what information that then gives you though. Worth a try?

[As an aside there apparently used to be order tracking functionality in Volvo ID but this has been disabled.]
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Boomer wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm In "Volvo ID" you can register/link your car using the VIN to your Volvo ID profile. Not sure what information that then gives you though. Worth a try?

[As an aside there apparently used to be order tracking functionality in Volvo ID but this has been disabled.]
Cheers Boomer,

Gave this a try although VIN I had prior to the new VIN was showing an XC40 and now the new VIN is showing a V90 cross country - at this rate, I'm not sure what will be arriving on the ferry end of month, let's hope it's a glitch in their system :lol: :lol:

Once I get the VIN working, I'll see what I can find out :D and then report back.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Telboy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Just want to check I've got my all important headlight washers as the car is due end of the month
The VIN number itself contains little information. You need to ask for a list of the feature codes. JG02 is the Headlamp Cleaning System.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Never been given a VIN. How do you get it?
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Dealer should be able to tell you once a definite production slot has been assigned to your order.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o