Adding wife to VOC

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Hi all

I’ve seen a few posts here and online about sharing the car with others. I can’t find the “share car” button, should i leave a key in the car first for the option to become available?

Alternatively, when opening the app first, can i select “i own a car” instead and just set it up from scratch (i got volvo id on the Sensus) and not affect the already set up account on my phone?

So basically she has full access to the car as myself, can run remote start, cooling etc.

Thanks!

ak888

Post by ak888 »

I had a problem setting up my wifes phone for VOC after setting my one up. Spoke to the dealer who contacted a product trainer who replied back with
She just needs to set it up as if it is her own car by using the same details.

Set-up Volvo ID
Add Car
Enter VIN
Enter PIN
Get in the car Press VOC Button

The PIN is the same PIN as the primary first user.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Oh, i see! It makes sense, as you're not sharing the car, you're still owning it (well, the wives, in our cases)

Badly explained, but i'll look into it next time i get her phone :)
Thanks for the details!
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

You can set it up on as many devices as you want, using your log in details, I’ve got it on my iPhone, iPad, and wife’s iPhone.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

That was what i was really hoping, but was afraid to try as it seems it leaves it open to so many software issues etc
But thanks for confirming Whiterdesign!
ak888

Post by ak888 »

Whiterdesign wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm You can set it up on as many devices as you want, using your log in details, I’ve got it on my iPhone, iPad, and wife’s iPhone.
My wife has her own id - the confusing part was the PIN. It should be the primary user PIN.