Start/Stop

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
varavital

Post by varavital »

CesarCastro wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:39 pm Ask your dealer to do a bettery check.
He did. Battery was ok. Mine always worked as it should before updating with the latest software. Car is booked in for week 40 already. Will receive a phone call from the dealer if the updated software for the start stop system would be there earllier.
The road is more important than the destination.

frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

varavital wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:49 am
CesarCastro wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:39 pm Ask your dealer to do a bettery check.
He did. Battery was ok. Mine always worked as it should before updating with the latest software. Car is booked in for week 40 already. Will receive a phone call from the dealer if the updated software for the start stop system would be there earllier.
I received my car today and immediately tried to see if it had the same issue, and sure enough, it did :cry: Start-stop works but the engine turns back on as soon as I take my foot off the brake, despite auto-hold. Will ring the dealership to ask about the fix.
poetryinmotion

Post by poetryinmotion »

Are you activating auto hold with the button on the centre, the one with the green LED ?
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Yes. Shouldn't I?
poetryinmotion

Post by poetryinmotion »

No, that's correct. Just checking! πŸ˜€
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Haha, cool :)
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

it's a reported bug, since the recall that sorted/improved the auto / smart city brake functions.
Hopefully fixed soon, but indeed, if you take your foot of the brake the engine will restart, which it didn't before
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Can I ask when the engine restarts as the brake is released does the autohold still hold the car. Or does it behave as if the autohold is inoperative, i.e. does the car then creep forward.

I feel that I could live with the bug if the autohold still held. My service is end of September.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Yes, still holds. No lunge forward :)
However until it's fixed, i'd recommend you either keep your foot on the brake or you turn that off, especially if you stop frequently ie city driving.

Stopping and restarting the engine a second later can't be good in the long run...
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

ciuncky wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:26 pm Yes, still holds. No lunge forward :)
However until it's fixed, i'd recommend you either keep your foot on the brake or you turn that off, especially if you stop frequently ie city driving.

Stopping and restarting the engine a second later can't be good in the long run...
I entirely agree, and disable the stop/start as soon I can, every journey.