Start/Stop

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
richyp1951

Post by richyp1951 »

Hi all,
Had first service on my XC40 D4 Inscription last week and now start/stop only works while I have my foot on the brake pedal. For the last 12 months didn't need to do this when auto hold was on has anyone else experienced this?

brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

Yes, I now have exactly the same issue since the recall for software update to the Automatic Emergency Brake System. I now stop with foot brake, then apply the ‘hand brake’, then I can let my foot off the brake pedal and the engine stays off. I had the usual response of ‘nobody else’ having reported the same problem.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Have you left off auto hold? Car is supposed to re-start when you take foot off brake - it's only when auto-hold is on that it waits for accelerator press.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

The auto hold is ‘on’. It’s as the op says, it now operates differently since the software update. We’ve both been driving these cars for quite some while, but the software update has changed things.
richyp1951

Post by richyp1951 »

This issue did not materialise when we had the emergency brake update done on 13 May but just after service last week. I checked with the tech who did the service, he said he would come back to me but did't so I emailed Volvo not much help as they have just passed it back to dealer. I'll come back if I get an answer worth posting. :(
CesarCastro

Post by CesarCastro »

Hi
Tomorrow I'm going to get my car back from service due to emissions light always on.
Also has I complain since one year ago that start/stop never worked (rarelly), they checked the battery, at my request, and its going to be replaced.
If I understood correctly, now, after software update , start/stop only works if you manitain your foot on the brake pedal?
Sorry for asking, but after one year of no start/stop I really wan't o check this.

Thanks
XC40 T3
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Wish this s/s could be disabled permanently.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I like the stop start. It cannot be disabled with europe. It forms a key part of reducing emissions.

Must admit I don't use the parking brake I keep my foot on the brake anyway. I've not noticed any difference since the last software update.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

CesarCastro wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:42 pm If I understood correctly, now, after software update , start/stop only works if you manitain your foot on the brake pedal?
I can confirm that, up to and including the AEB recall in March, nothing has changed to contradict the manual.

Seems that something has changed in one of the updates that has occurred since March - I'm sure Volvo will soon correct that if enough people complain (complaining should also give you an 'in' to any ad-hoc update).

The only difference I've found since my car was new is that it's easier in stop/start traffic to stop it kicking in unwantedly as it needs a much firmer pedal press - it does still kick in after a being stationary for more than a second or two though, however much of a twinkle-toes you are.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
richyp1951

Post by richyp1951 »

Just had my dealer on the phone Volvo have confirmed it is a bug in the latest software update and they are working on it, should be fixed in next update Sept/Oct.