where to buy

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Mike Wazowski wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:27 am I've found after a few purchases the trick is to use carwow as purely a price finder. Don't actually purchase the car via carwow, just use them to help negotiation with your local dealer.

Ask your local dealer for a price, knowing full well that they know the carwow discount as well as you do, and be prepared to walk away if they don't match the best carwow offer - but don't worry that won't happen.
Ive done exactly that for both my Volvo XC40 and Mazda 3. In both instances i got really good deals from midlands or Lakes, not really worth the trip considering we were in London. So i asked dealerships to match. On Mazda closest refused to go so low, 2nd in Crawley accepted.

On Volvo, Leatherhead plain dead told me they don't match CarWOW and didn't even bother to have a chat - so if my business isn't worth it, great! Croydon accepted to match the offer after i explained the reasoning (somehow forgot to say the price was carwow but certainly not on purpose)

So yeah, some will refuse, and if they do, you'll be much better off! In both instances i've been better treated by those who accepted discounts

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

It really depends on when and availability. I tried to get my local dealer to match Car Wow offer from dealer 50 miles away. Couldn't get within £2,000 of it. They explained that they were on next years allocation after price rise and my offer was from current allocation before rise. Very friendly and honest told me to buy from other dealer and bring to them for servicing which I have.