Parking Sensors

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Hi
Just been out for the morning, parked the car in a public car park, and happened to notice another XC40 but a 67 plate (mine's a 20 plate)
As I was walking past it the parking sensors caught my eye as it has, on the front bumper, an additional sensor to mine.
Is this right, did they reduce the number of sensors ?
Cost reduction ?
This is an image I found online showing the 'additional sensor' (not the one in the car park)

XC40 Parking Sensors.jpg

T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I think that they are something to do with Pilot Parking Assistance or some such similar gizmo that I don't have on my car. I'm sure somebody else will be along to tell us!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
PC40

Post by PC40 »

67 plate would be either an early dealer demo or a press car.
Car was only released into showrooms at end of February and registrations changed to 18 from March.
That car will be a First Edition which came with park assist as standard.
Mine has those additional sensors fitted
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I have the extra sensors and they give me 360 degree coverage so I can tell if I am parking to close to another car side on as well as front and back. Also warns if too close to the pavement and helps avoid scuffing the alloys. They automatically switch on the 360 degree camera.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Do you have park assist pilot? I have 360 cam but no additional sensor.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

jamie307 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 pm Do you have park assist pilot? I have 360 cam but no additional sensor.
Yeah I have park assist as well.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

That extra sensor is from park pilot assist optional package
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Thanks all for the clarification :D :D
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.