Different Liber-Tag question

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lawrie1947

Post by lawrie1947 »

Just bought one and found good info on placement on the forum.
However, the tag has a sticker on the back which I removed. I phoned to check if it had to stay on and was told it was essential so it's back on crumpled.
The only reason I can think of why it can be essential is to identify it when returning the tag.
It is niggling a rather small mind...any info?

Moss

Post by Moss »

lawrie1947 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:52 am Just bought one and found good info on placement on the forum.
However, the tag has a sticker on the back which I removed. I phoned to check if it had to stay on and was told it was essential so it's back on crumpled.
The only reason I can think of why it can be essential is to identify it when returning the tag.
It is niggling a rather small mind...any info?
My wife and I use such a tag since many years. In my cars, I always carefully place my tag on the windshield as indicated. My wife never does that in her cars : she simply holds up the tag near the windshield when arriving at the toll booth. Since that works just as well, I don’t see a reason why the paper sticker on (or not on) your tag would make any difference. I’m quite certain your tag is still perfectly OK.
lawrie1947

Post by lawrie1947 »

Thanks,
As to my wife holding the tag...I promised no involvement with tolls, strained backs etc with the tag.
Further research indicates that a manned toll both can scan the barcode in case of fault.
hey ho
Moss

Post by Moss »

lawrie1947 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:17 pm Thanks,
As to my wife holding the tag...I promised no involvement with tolls, strained backs etc with the tag.
Further research indicates that a manned toll both can scan the barcode in case of fault.
hey ho
Sure. Still, in case of a fault you can also simply pay cash or by credit card, as most people do. Anyway, in the many years that we use the tag system, it has never been faulty that we know of. As for the strained back : with « near the windshield » I didn’t mean « against the windshield » : no need to lean forward. But OK, the basic idea is – as I do myself – to place the tag on the windshield. And each time you change cars, you simply buy a new holder for the tag, so that you can use the same tag in the new car.