MY2O MY21 R Design.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

And the rear headrests don't fold aarrggghh😭😭😭😭
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: ↑Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:42 pm And the rear headrests don't fold aarrggghh😭😭😭😭
Are you sure? I thought that they all fold manually & have electric fold if you spec the versatility pack??

Is a backward step though as my car has electric folding seats as well as headrests and I managed to swerve keyless entry - keyless entry is now part of the versatility pack.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

I'm sure I read a thread on here about it, some (tall) people have to move the front seats forward to drop the rear ones then move back to sit in?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

Correct, the rear headrests cannot be folded manually, which causes an issue as I like the back of my seat angled slightly and this leads to the rear headrests catching on the seat back when being folded. (They have also removed the "close and lock" button on tailgate so you can only lock it when locking the entire car.)
Last edited by BxUKXwp6CZ01 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

When I started looking at the XC40 I had a Momentum priced up but as soon as I saw an R-Design in the show room I had to have one, doubt I would have felt the same if it didn't have the nice little touches.

Others have said that it is because they are making the electric variants the top of the range models. That may be the case (certainly pricewise!) but that's no reason to dumb down the existing upper range models. They should give the electric ones their own identity and leave the R-Design and Inscription alone.

So glad I got one when I did now, as with a couple of extra packs it's got everything I wanted and looks great.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Dito ^
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Full leather seat can be specified for the RD now. It was not available in the pass MY. This is the one missed in the old RD.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I'm relieved too. I got a MY20 Momentum Pro and with MY21 it's no longer possible to get Active Bending Headlights with 18 inch wheels, and along with various other annoying changes. For example gloss black centre console is now mandatory on anything except the new poverty-spec Momentum Core (I hate glossy and shiny interior surfaces that reflect the sun in your face at inopportune moments).
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Thanks, to all, all for the information.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
morganj

Post by morganj »

Picking up my MY21 Twin Engine (Recharge) on 20th going to be interesting seeing the changes from the ordered car MY20
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist