MY2O MY21 R Design.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Can anybody tell me the difference between the MY20, and MY21 spec, for the R Design.
Thanks in advance.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Changes:
1 x Front and 1 x Rear USB => 1 x Front Type A and 2 x Rear Type C USB Sockets
R-Design Tread Plates - Front => Aluminium Tread Plates - Front

Additions:
+ Power Operated Tailgate
+ Care Key

Deletions:
- Gearshift Paddles
- Dual Integrated Exhaust Pipes with High Gloss Black Surround
- Embossed Rear Side Roof Pillar
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Thanks jamie307. Nothing too drastic..Like the power operated tailgate. 👍
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Hi Jamie - please can you help confirm. Do you know if MY21 are meant to have 2 normal black keys AND the care key? I only got 1 black key. Volvo UK and my dealer are checking but I'm getting mixed messages at the moment! Issue being, if you only have the care key as the second key you can't assign it a driver profile (so mirrors, seats, dials etc do not change to settings between drivers plus the orange key won't even let you manually select a different profile). Thanks!
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I think there’s a lot of cost cutting going on. Some say that the removal of the visual tail pipes and the deletion of the R-Design logo were because it was seen as going against Volvos values of safety. But it seems that they are shaving costs wherever they can. My MY20 had the button to lower the seats from the boot deleted. Now they have removed the tailgate close and lock button and possibly supplying only 1 real fob. Wonder how they will save more?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
CB89

Post by CB89 »

They’ve also dropped the A-Pillar Parking Ticket Holder 😁 It’s one of those small things you don’t miss unless you had it before - used to come in handy!
XC40 | Momentum | T3 Auto | Ice White
Ordered Feb ‘20 - Arrived end of June
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Deputy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:24 pm Hi Jamie - please can you help confirm. Do you know if MY21 are meant to have 2 normal black keys AND the care key? I only got 1 black key. Volvo UK and my dealer are checking but I'm getting mixed messages at the moment! Issue being, if you only have the care key as the second key you can't assign it a driver profile (so mirrors, seats, dials etc do not change to settings between drivers plus the orange key won't even let you manually select a different profile). Thanks!
I don't know about the keys I'm afraid. I do not have keyless entry being a Momentum, and perhaps due to that it doesn't seem I can attach profiles to the two black keys I have.....I just select driver profiles via the touchscreen, which I prefer to having one profile per key anyway.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

jamie307 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:48 pm Changes:
1 x Front and 1 x Rear USB => 1 x Front Type A and 2 x Rear Type C USB Sockets
R-Design Tread Plates - Front => Aluminium Tread Plates - Front

Additions:
+ Power Operated Tailgate
+ Care Key

Deletions:
- Gearshift Paddles
- Dual Integrated Exhaust Pipes with High Gloss Black Surround
- Embossed Rear Side Roof Pillar
One more change affecting German Autobahn driving: max speed is now limited to 180 km/h (112 mph) on all MY21 models.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

CB89 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:03 am They’ve also dropped the A-Pillar Parking Ticket Holder 😁 It’s one of those small things you don’t miss unless you had it before - used to come in handy!
Now that's a step too far!! It must cost them about tuppence and it's so useful!!!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Beginning to wonder if I still want the car anymore, saw an inscription MY20, before ordering, which swas great, but mine came completely wrong, would have been a MY20, so am now awaiting a MY21 to same spec. However I'm beginning to think the penny pinching is taking a lot away that was what I liked about the car. Sounds like I'm acting a bit spoiled, but the inscription embossing going from the head rests, rear pillar and the tread plate is pissing me right off to be honest. The exhaust cut outs going is a bit of a bummer, and now the little parking ticket holder, that's been a Volvo thing for years, ffs. For a company constantly striving to be seen as uprket, alongside the German brands, they seem to be going about it a bit strangely. Weirdly, I'm happy, or at least completely unconcerned, about the 112mph limiter, but the little details disappearing is really bugging me. Maybe it's because it's my first new car and more than twice as much as I've ever spent before on a car, but I'm starting to look at other cars now, after being certain that I knew what I wanted.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D