Model Year 21 - only one main key supplied?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Hi All
Just joined the forum and taken delivery of a MY21 R Design. Liking most of it so far but a question for all. I only got one black main key, one orange care key and the sports key.
The sports key was a fun bonus as I can see me using that when camping, out door stuff etc.
However one reason I liked the Volvo was it stated you could link driver profiles to keys. However you can't link a driver profile to the care key or even change profiles once started. This was confirmed by Volvo UK who then said "just use your two main (black) keys". I replied I only got one main key - no answer yet!!
My dealer tech guy reckons I can link a profile on the care key but I think he his wrong (manual also says you can't), not been back to the dealer yet to get him to show me.
Has anyone else got a MY21 and what keys did you get?

Thanks

morganj

Post by morganj »

I would contact your dealer directly,

There really should be 2 "normal" keys, ask them where the other key is and if they dont have it make sure they supply a new set and recode them / car to ensure that the "missing" key is no longer able to work with the car.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Cheers - they specifically stated that the MY21 cars came with these keys when I asked. I'll ask Volvo UK again.