carplay&maps questions

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
davered67

Post by davered67 »

Morning all, first post time....

I picked up my XC-40 on Wednesday and I LOVE IT! do you mind my asking a couple of dumb(ish) questions? I have been from a long time BMW owner to the volvo and stumped on a couple of issues :D

1. how do you get Carplay to work? when I got the car, I pair my iPhone using Bluetooth no problem. But I wanted to use carplay (my beamer never had it)...so I plugged in the iphone lead into the correct USB port, but on the console screen it said the phone was disconnected (pic attached). I checked the settings and the option was enabled. what am I missing?

2. I have used my data only Vodafone SIM card in the car and got internet connection, it said there was a map update...so...I pressed to update the UK one (disabled Auto update first to push manually) but the update just sits in a paused state. again what am I missing?

apologies for the question in advance..

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Hi. I just got mine too. Applecar play worked straight away, just had to accept it on both the car screen and phone using the original Apple cable. Are you using a genuine Apple cable? I know my old car was very fussy over cables!!
davered67

Post by davered67 »

hello mate, yes genuine cable
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Have you tried: Disconnect phone. Engine On/everything on > Unlock phone > connect phone (to top USB white socket)? That's all I did and it came up. I'm running latest iOS.
davered67

Post by davered67 »

I removed Bluetooth and removed myvolvo from carplay and tried to re-add it...I will give it another go this morning
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Have you tried opening the Carplay app from the Sensus screen? Sorry if it seems like a weird question but many forget to do that and that's when you accept the Terms, otherwise it won't work
squint

Post by squint »

When I got my car I had to order it as an extra - called smartphone integration.
There are 2 USB ports - you have to use the one with white surround. If you haven’t got it there will only be one USB port with no white surround.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

MKe sure on your phone settings you have everything set up. Settings > General > CarPlay
XC40 FE - White 20” Wheels With headlight washers - Ordered 4th February 2018 & Delivered 10th April 2018
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Also make sure your iPhone has Siri turned on, CarPlay doesn’t connect without Siri. On iPhone go to Settings > Siri & Search > Allow Siri When Locked > turn on