new 2021 XC40 changes

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
timguvnor

Post by timguvnor »

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered already, just joined the forum.

Just got my brand new XC40, ordered in January, only just arrived, for obvious reasons. Apart from the shock of the jump in excise duty, I am discovering lots of subtle changes in what I think I ordered in Jan and what I got.in July.

What happened to the front removable rubbish bin, by the central column?

Anyone got any other changes?

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

The bin was only there if you had an automatic. Not sure about 2021 model though.

Main changes people have come on here to mention in a negative way are, lack of r design emblems on the car. Missing chrome surrounds on the rear bumper.

Positives I am sure I've seen someone say that automatic tailgate is standard now? Though couldn't be sure.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

The front bin is still there in automatics (not plug-in hybrids).

If you tell me what trim level you ordered I can compare the old and new price lists and tell you the differences.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

My MY21 auto didn't arrive with a bin but I'm told it's on the way. Also it didn't have gear change paddles (R Design) which the earlier one did. Question for you please - what keys did you get? I posted earlier that I only got 1 black key and 1 care key and 1 sports key. I need 2 black keys to have different driver profiles but my dealer stated it now only comes with 1 black key.