New Car on the drive..

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
black_country

Post by black_country »

Hi everybody.
New Thunder Grey T3 R design on the drive, ordered just before lockdown so quite happy about the delivery. Owning for an hour or so my only disappointment is that apparently on the '21' models they've done away with the R Design badge on the d post/roof join... So thinking about it there's no badge at all.. I'll go and have a look in a bit.
Has anyone else heard about this or is the dealer fobbing me off. There are other changes as well, the auto tail lift is standard now and something but I'm not sure what on the winter pack. My Mrs jokingly said maybe they've run out and the supplier has furloughed everybody. But maybe she's onto something....

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

Yep, the badge being dropped is known about. You should have the little r design badge on the bolt though I'd think?

You won't have any visible exhausts either, unlike earlier models with chrome tips.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Yes it's all about focusing on the electric future and Recharge. No one wants to highlight nasty polluting exhaust pipes any more.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

"Yep, the badge being dropped is known about.", first I've heard about it, and the exhausts being hidden. ☹️☹️
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

You need to read the posts on here more thoroughly then Bernard 😁

But yes, the hidden exhausts seen a retrograde step aesthetically.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
black_country

Post by black_country »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies it’s put that niggling thought to bed. I’m sure if I’d looked into it a bit more I would have come across the info..it’s a shame tho because I thought the R design logo looked smart there .. discrete even.
What bolt are you referring to paul(in York)?
Right then I’m of to figure how to turn the radio on...
Thanks guys
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Sure do🤔🤔, I'm a bit miffed to be honest, has the embossing gone from the headrests and the door plates too? Starting to wonder if I'm stilll that bothered about having the car now, all the little touches I liked are disappearing. ☹️☹️
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Deleted User 2484

Post by Deleted User 2484 »

black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 am Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies it’s put that niggling thought to bed. I’m sure if I’d looked into it a bit more I would have come across the info..it’s a shame tho because I thought the R design logo looked smart there .. discrete even.
What bolt are you referring to paul(in York)?
Right then I’m of to figure how to turn the radio on...
Thanks guys
Probably a typo. Boot rather than Bolt .
Deleted User 2484

Post by Deleted User 2484 »

Paulinyork wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:01 am Yep, the badge being dropped is known about. You should have the little r design badge on the bolt though I'd think?

You won't have any visible exhausts either, unlike earlier models with chrome tips.
The exhausts on the earlier RDesign are in fact conventional pipes. They just come through chrome ringed holes in the rear bumper. Look through the holes and you can see the ends of exhaust pipes.

Suspect on the new the bumper holes are gone and the real exhaust are turned down to face the road.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I’m a bit surprised that Volvo are going this way. I know they are a safety first company but their green aspersions are just the same as any other car manufacturer. The R design is their most popular model. To dumb it down is very brave or very stupid.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.