not for us

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Recently test drove a top of the range T5. The plan was to p/x our Disco sport.
But mrs ringer not enthusiastic because the automatic park brake system is extremely irritating.
Seats not as big and comfortable.
Not so much elbow room,no decent arm rest.
Disco a better looking car!
Such is life,she's the main driver,I play in my old bmw 330i .

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Chopped my DS in for an XC40. Don't regret it in the slightest. I found the DS seat ruddy awful! Although I see they have updated the seats now. So I might get one after the XC40.. Would be good to support UK plc
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Ringer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am Recently test drove a top of the range T5. The plan was to p/x our Disco sport.
But mrs ringer not enthusiastic because the automatic park brake system is extremely irritating.
Seats not as big and comfortable.
Not so much elbow room,no decent arm rest.
Disco a better looking car!
Such is life,she's the main driver,I play in my old bmw 330i .
Just out of interest, what was the issue with the auto brake system?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Hi Dermo,

Whenever you pull away from stopped, it was sticky,jerky and noisy from the brakes binding and then releasing.
Can't see the point of it,other cars don't have it and don't need it.

Blastpipe,ours is a top of the range HSE with heated seats etc.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

it is just a button, you can simply deactivate this 'feature', I agree it is really annoying
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I've never had a problem on my R Design D4. The only problem I have is it sometimes get switched off by mistake. I never find it jerky.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

it is just a button, you can simply deactivate this 'feature', I agree it is really annoying

Didn't know that,I don't think the salesman did either.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

The parking brake has an auto function. Every time you stop, it activates. It’s just a push button behind the gear knob. I have never used it but those who do find it annoying apparently, especially when manoeuvring in tight spaces. When I come to a stop, at lights for example, I just pull up on the parking brake switch. You can either drive off and it releases or you can push down on the switch to manually release it.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I have mine off except when driving in town where it is very useful. It is very smooth and not at all jerky. Seems as though the one you test drove wasn't working as it should, it shouldn't be making a noise unless the discs were rusty from lack of use?

I thought many cars have some sort of autohold nowadays?

As with many things on cars nowadays you have to use them in a way that suits you. I for instance turn off the stop/start and collision avoidance as soon as I start the car. The latter because even after changing to the least sensitive still activated for no discernible reason and that was its last chance!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:29 pm I have mine off except when driving in town where it is very useful. It is very smooth and not at all jerky. Seems as though the one you test drove wasn't working as it should, it shouldn't be making a noise unless the discs were rusty from lack of use?

I thought many cars have some sort of autohold nowadays?

As with many things on cars nowadays you have to use them in a way that suits you. I for instance turn off the stop/start and collision avoidance as soon as I start the car. The latter because even after changing to the least sensitive still activated for no discernible reason and that was its last chance!
This^