Service impressions under lockdown

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Had my XC40 serviced on 12th June under the "new normall" following lockdown.
I was an early bird so no queueing. Hand sanitiser just inside the door.
Had to pop my keys inside a plastic bag and hand it over to the service manager behind a perspex screen. I mentioned that the only problem I have had with the car is with the start/stop not activating.

Got a phone call to say car was ready 2 hours ahead of when I was told to expect it which was good. Again no one else in the service reception. Hands sanitised and key handed over in small plastic bag. I had to remove seat covers and put them in a bin. Car had been throughly cleaned.

I had the new start/stop symbol and the new "connected safety" feature come up so the expected software updates had all been done. They told me that they could not find any problem with the start/stop system and would you believe it, it started working on the way home.

All in all a painless experience apart from the cost. £470.10 for the second service. Ouch. Although to be fair the last service on my old Astra cost £500 due to 2 new tyres so used to taking the hit. Just need the pubs and cafes to reopen so I have somewhere to go in it.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Skyrimmer, did you have any extras for that price?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 pm Skyrimmer, did you have any extras for that price?
Nope. I think it was just the going rate for a major service without a service plan.
Car was fully valeted though.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

had first year service today
arrived at dealers, at 8-30am scanned with thermometer and handed over keys etc so far so good then oops, loan car not available due to a fault.
the guy on reception suggested that if I was willing to wait he would get the car straight into the workshop and as first service and low mileage should only be about an hour. As the time to drive home, back to the dealer and then home again would be over this anyway I agreed, a read of the paper and a coffee later car was ready in about an hour and a quarter.
I was home by 10-30am not having to drive down and collect the car later in the day and a PDF of the cars health check was waiting for me on the computer to peruse all in all pretty happy with Doves of Horsham level of service despite little hiccup
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Skyrimmer wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:49 am
Dermottdog wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 pm Skyrimmer, did you have any extras for that price?
Nope. I think it was just the going rate for a major service without a service plan.
Blimey. Glad I took the 5 year service plan out😳
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm
Same here - wow that's a lot for even a major service.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:17 pm
Probably to pay for all the PPE and other changes they have had to make.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Skyrimmer wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:55 pm
DarrenF wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:17 pm

Probably to pay for all the PPE and other changes they have had to make.
That is a great point - someone is going to pay and it is not them!
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

I probably used the same dealer as Skyrimmer, but on June 1st when they were just getting into gear. All well, including use of a V90 loan car, until the pick up of my own vehicle when the guy who took me to the car removed my keys from the poly bag and handed them to me - almost finger touching! It is so easy to slip into an automatic action.