Ceramic coating

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Just wondering if anyone is thinking about this?
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Not me. Too expensive and just doing regular cleaning/(DIY) detailing will be sufficient. I think from your previous posts that you went PCP so presumably you'll be "trading in" in 2-3 years. In which case I'd be surprised that the paint work wasn't still okay at the end of that so why spend the extra?

However if you get as a "free sweetener" well take it.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Thanks Boomer
That is why I’m undecided.
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Boo22 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 am Thanks Boomer
That is why I’m undecided.
If it's dealer offering this, wouldn't bother as they never have done this right in the past for me, although in fairness this wasn't Volvo dealers.

If it's a private firm and you're looking to keep car long term and have a coating that will make your future washes of the car that little bit easier while giving a half decent level of protection to the paint, then it can be worth a look, although I have been told this is something you should consider doing every year or so and at over £300 a pop, it ain't cheap.

As Boomer has said, dent DIY wash and polish should be more than enough for these cars.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

My dealer is adding this for free, not too fussed about having it done personally as I am quite keen on the detailing side of it myself, but as a freebie why not!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!