Electricity Tariff

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

So the wait begins on y XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro as I pressed the button on the company lease portal so await for the lead time confirmation.

I won’t be able to put in a fast charger where I live so will utilise the 3-pin standard cable to charge the hybrid battery overnight. Has anyone done the homework to see if getting an EV/cheaper night electricity tariff is worth it ? And if so which providers ?

pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Octopus energy are good, 5p per Kwh from midnight, if you have a smart meter. You can use the volvo app to select the time you want to charge your vehicle making it more cost effective.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

I don't know call me a cynic but the thought of a smart meter tariff horrifies me. I have a smart meter but all the research I've done the cheap overnight rates come at the expense of higher day rates. I modelled a few and none worked in my favour.

I too have a recharge on order and will see how it effects my fixed price plan for a few months first before I think about changing for the car. Plus it's going to be nothing like the £1+ a litre you would be spending on fuel :D