Car was keyed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Don't tell anyone but I worked out where all the staff park in my Local Salisbury and I now park there. I have noticed the bays are slightly wider and most people park properly and with care.

My previous car was hit, when it was only a week old, in a Tesco's car park while getting food for my son as we moved him into this Uni halls. They nearly took the whole bumper off the back of the car. Must have made a loud noise and scraping. No one say anything even the security guard 20m away. They refused to save CCTV footage until the police contacted them and after going through all the hassle with the local police station the police reported back that the CCTV footage had been deleted already.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Deleted User 2663

Post by Deleted User 2663 »

I've never had a problem parking in car parks. I always go out of my way to park as far away from the entrance as I can. Not just for security, it also gives me much needed exercise!

Not parking on pavements helps as well. I live near a small rural railway station and the road way in front is renowned for two things - the amount of cars that park there for the entire working day with two wheels on the pavement, and the amount of cars that get keyed. I don't condone such action and suspect that its done by people with prams and wheelchair users who can't get past ;)
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Received a text message from local police, given the current covid-19 crisis, they are not going to investigate the crime. Very disappointing, as it seems that anyone can get away with vandalising your property and literally get away with it too.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
squint

Post by squint »

Recently, before lockdown, CCTV at my business caught 2 shoplifters - the quality of the images was excellent. I rang 101 - was never ever answered. Reluctantly , I rang 999 and apologised profusely. Operator was very understanding and I was not in any "trouble". After a day or so I get a phone call asking me to fill in a long form and to send a copy of the CCTV footage - police officer couldn't guarantee anyone would look at it so I just never bothered.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps