Black Stone or Crystal White or Glacier Silver or Fusion Red or Denim Blue

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

As you can see I am somewhat undecided on the colour to choose. Any opinions from those who have these colours today ?

michael123

Post by michael123 »

I think Fusion Red will be harder to resell, Denim Blue might be bit better in this regard, however..

Why not Thunder Grey?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

We have Crystal White. Feel it will be very forgiving in the months and years ahead with regards to wear and tear, stone damage etc, etc.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

Thanks for the replies. I’ve never paid extra for paint before, always finding something that comes standard however I am concerned with a black car and the challenges that brings (although I’ve never owned a black car)
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Yep. People do say that darker colours show lots or swirls and marring.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
squint

Post by squint »

I would suggest actually seeing the different cars - the same car can appear different depending on the light conditions. Don't rely on photos.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Mine has a Glacier Silver paint finish. It is an interesting colour which changes in different ambient light. In bright sun it looks white, in the evening it looks grey and sometimes more silver than either of these, so I support Squint’s advice to see the actual paint but bear in mind my comments above. All of these shades are pleasant. The postman asked me the other morning what colour it was because he couldn’t decide!
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

I will never have a black car again. Our last one was an Audi Q3 in metallic black. Too much like hard work to keep clean.

We now have Denim Blue, another colour which changes with the light. Rich blue in the sun, blue/grey most of the time, and off-black at dusk.

I also like Thunder Grey.

Also depends somewhat on whether the car is an R Design, Momentum or Inscription
For example, a black Momentum looks a bit dismal.
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Bootcamper

Post by Bootcamper »

I'm very happy with denim blue bodywork and blonde leather seats. When I was choosing a colour the dealer said that he would avoid black as it was difficult to see the contours of the bodywork and that both black and white need to be kept clean more often.
Shazzy

Post by Shazzy »

We got crystal white and love it and it’s really easy to keep clean my only minor complaint is that white cars are quite common now but I still love it.