Pilot Assist

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

First long run today (156 miles) and tried out Pilot Assist most of the way. Brilliant! While you need to stay in control, it takes a lot of the need for micro decision making away - eg by braking to keep your distance from the car in front.

A bit unnerving at first as the movements, including those keeping you in lane are slightly less than 100% smooth. It seemed to me to veer too close (eg in an outside lane) to the outer (right) edge of a left hand curve and too close to the inner white line on a right hand curve c.f. what I would have done myself. Trust it though and it works a treat.

I would be interested to hear what others think of it once on the road. eg do you see/feel similar characteristics to those above?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

Bob

Post by Bob »

Sounds like it has done an IAM Advanced Drivers course and it is positioning for view! ;)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

At least if its going away from edges of curves that also avoiding the infamous 'pot-hole' too :)
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

I find it keeps me too far to the left of the lane for my liking. When passing other vehicles on the motorway I always hold my breath!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar