SECOND RECALL

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

this was the number she called me on - ‭0800 777103‬ she was called amy!

squint

Post by squint »

Thanks for that - I rang - didn't speak to Amy - but my car is not down for recall.

I still think it's strange that they are ringing you on a Saturday afternoon, and offering to send someone round, if it is safe - without me asking I was told it is safe.

(Be interesting if you go to https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mainte ... ty/recalls and put in your VIN to see if it comes up - may not do as it was last refreshed yesterday).

Oh - I've just seen you've already done that - must have been while I was typing!!
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I found this from Australia last month: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gered.html

Volvo has also recalled 32 XC40 models from this year over reduced brake performance. "One of the nuts connecting the brake booster to the vehicle's frame may be missing, which could lead to reduced brake performance, the recall statement said. If the brake performance is reduced, there is an increased risk of accident causing injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users."
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Sounds exactly as they described, tbh i bought the car as i’d had a bad smash and went for safety! 😳😳

i’m being harsh there.... all cars have issues and some get recalls and this car from me having it avoided and prevented and bad smash in preston with its automatic system and again only the other day a cyclist crossed at junction fast i front of me and the car reacted so fast it literally saved him, i have it set on early and it rarely false positives - it’s a lovely car and reassuring ......to a point lol
squint

Post by squint »

The Daily Mail article was dated 24/4/2020 - wonder why it’s taken at least a month for Volvo to contact you over such a potentially serious problem - so serious they ring you and offer to send someone round.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

My Thoughts exactly on a BH weekend too - i’ll interrogate the tech with tea and crumpets !
squint

Post by squint »

I wouldn’t be surprised- if after me ringing Volvo yesterday and being assured my car was OK - that I get a phone call today telling me mine does need a recall!! - especially as you collected yours the day before mine.
The Australian paper said only 32 cars were affected- that’s incredibly low - I wonder how that can identify such cars? - unless it was maybe just down to one worker?

I wonder if the technician coming round for tea carries a nut with him or if it’s a special order?
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

he’s just turned up - nice bloke but won’t tell me if it’s serious or not - first one he’s done apparently but he did say it was a immediate job ’ so i’m taking from that it is!

doesn’t want a brew or crumpets or even a biscuit! 😳
squint

Post by squint »

Could you ask him to pop round and check mine?
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

LOL - well he’s sorted it - the bolt was there but he replaced it anyway?? assured it was safe now to drive and was safe before but they err on the side of caution

i’m not put off as i think it’s good they were onto it reasonably quickly - i’ve had VW’s and Ford that they sorted when the customers called them.