Poor AC

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Interesting ..I wonder which cars are affected?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Mine is one of the affected ones. 27c here today and the vents are blowing ambient (hot) air regardless of the settings. The compressor can be heard switching on and off correctly, just no cold air.

Car is in for AEB and Aircon fault next Wednesday, so I've emailed to tell them it's a known fault with a recall!
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
squint

Post by squint »

Mine was done a few weeks ago - there was TOO MUCH coolant apparently.
Dealership has now had my 2 month old car trying to sort out a multitude of other problems for 10 days so I haven’t been able to check AC.
Apparently only problem they can’t fix is faulty connection when press SOS button which even Volvo can’t fix.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Same here on my 2 month old Momentum D3.

This was a bit tricky. If car is in shade and you start driving, the A/C works fine, BUT, once you start hitting 27C temperatures (here in Malta), the A/C blows room temp air. At first i thought it was something to do with ECO mode, but then confirmed that somethings wrong when driven on Comfort mode.

Local agent just confirmed the already mentioned over gassed system

Jojo
MikeUK

Post by MikeUK »

First time I have used ac and found it very poor. After reading some of the posts called my dealer as I am booked next week for AEB recall. They said they would take a look but denied being aware of any known issue or recalls.
T5 R-Design Pro. Thunder Grey. Xenium, Intellisafe, Convenience, Smart Phone, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel. Delivered 4 March 2020.
G4a

Post by G4a »

Add me to the list!
20 plate car, absolutely no Aircon. Popped bonnet, Aircon pipes are hot. Guessing no refrigerant or pumps not working.
Rang Volvo Bedford, have to wait 3 weeks for them to look at it.
R-Design Pro T4 Awd
squint

Post by squint »

Gosh - Facebook is awash with people complaining about air con.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

Me too! Aircon blowing cold passenger side and hot drivers side intermittently. Bells Bedford couldn't take it through lockdown but now Bedford re-opened booked in for aircon issue and annual service this Thursda y. Until joining this forum I didn't realise it was known issue.
MikeUK

Post by MikeUK »

When I dropped off car for AEB recall I again asked dealer about any aircon recall. No was the response but we will take a look for you. Returned to collect car after 1 hour as agreed. Oh we found out there is an aircon recall and will need to car another hour to resolve. Seemed like it was a regas as mentioned by other posters.
Works fine now on Lo setting where previously it was warm!!!
T5 R-Design Pro. Thunder Grey. Xenium, Intellisafe, Convenience, Smart Phone, Wireless Charging, Spare Wheel. Delivered 4 March 2020.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

MikeUK wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 am When I dropped off car for AEB recall I again asked dealer about any aircon recall. No was the response but we will take a look for you. Returned to collect car after 1 hour as agreed. Oh we found out there is an aircon recall and will need to car another hour to resolve. Seemed like it was a regas as mentioned by other posters.
Works fine now on Lo setting where previously it was warm!!!

Sometimes, I wonder about the knowledge base of dealers. The public seem more clued up than the professionals. This happens with all makes it seems. 🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.