Poor AC

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

As a few posts ago, mine went in yesterday for AEB and Aircon. They were aware but called it a service campaign or something similar. A gassing issue.

According to the dealer, some are overgassed, some are undergassed?

My fault was intermittent annoyingly, but all OK so far.

I enjoyed the S90 Momentum D4 loan car I was given!
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.

G4a

Post by G4a »

My Aircon was fixed today.it was under gassed.
Technician said there's a recent batch of 40's that was either under or over gassed that'll be getting a call back for a Aircon service. ,👍
R-Design Pro T4 Awd
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Now this is what I like about these forums. After reading this thread last night.
Got my xc40 in mid March and haven’t had any problems until yesterday. When out in the afternoon with ambient temp around 25c. No aircon just warm air. Rang local dealer this morning, they new from my reg there is an under pressure issue with the aircon gas. Took it in this afternoon and sorted an around 90 mins. All seems ok now.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

I started sensing issues with my AC lately, but after the software recall AC performance is better. I requested AC check, pressure was ok, dealer said software update solved AC complaints in many cases. It’s also possible that since I was forcing the auto fan on its lowest setting (1) AC could not cope too well with 30C+ summer days. Now auto fan is set at 2 and AC works fine.
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Got mine this May and AC is pretty good. Today it’s 36 degrees and the AC is cooling adequately. It’s in ECO mode as default.
Even the wife likes it (I think it’s the first AC she genuinely liked in 3 cars).

Maybe the recall can fix yours.
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus