Can keyless entry be added by the dealer?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
vareynick

Post by vareynick »

I'v just purchased a 2019 Inscription Pro D3 AWD, with plenty of bells and whistles that we were after. One thing it doesn't have however is keyless entry. I've been trying to find out if this is a dealer upgrade, but cannot find the answer online. It is currently still with the Volvo Selekt dealership until June 1st, so wondering if it is something I can get them to sort prior to collecting - appreciate I could ask the dealer, but I've pestered them enough, so figured I'd ask you lot!

Thanks in advance.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Sorry I don't know the answer. As it wasn't an expensive option then hopefully the answer is yes but realistically it is going to have to be a dealer question. Although my car has it I rather wish it didn't I do worry about the vulnerability of the system as Volvo's don't deactivate the fob when it's not moved...hence needing to keep the things in faraday cages.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
vareynick

Post by vareynick »

blastpipe wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:18 am Sorry I don't know the answer. As it wasn't an expensive option then hopefully the answer is yes but realistically it is going to have to be a dealer question. Although my car has it I rather wish it didn't I do worry about the vulnerability of the system as Volvo's don't deactivate the fob when it's not moved...hence needing to keep the things in faraday cages.
Thank you for this - I wasn't aware. perhaps then not having it is a blessing.

Will perhaps spend the money on adding smart phone integration instead!
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Check if your car has the convenient pack. The keyless entry for the Pros' comes with this pack.

Stay alert, stay safe