Collection check list - XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

So what with the little Swedish flag being omitted and some not having Volvo on call set up, might be worth starting a thread on the things we need to be checking on collecting our new cars, please feel free to add a suitable list if you have one, I'll start with the obvious ones;

Welcome pack.
Swedish flag.
Volvo on call set up.
Two keys plus that other thing they hand out.
Headlight washing system.
Active bending lights with shadow function.
Alloy wheel size, 19's or 20’s.
Transport blocks removed from suspension.
Rear headliner suit/coat hooks have been added.
Paint/exterior check.
Interior check - good look and feel around.
Full speck check - test items to ensure they work.
Enough fuel has been added to get you home.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Like this post!! Good idea
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Great idea ( the list )
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Telboy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:06 am So what with the little Swedish flag being omitted and some not having Volvo on call set up, might be worth starting a thread on the things we need to be checking on collecting our new cars, please feel free to add a suitable list if you have one, I'll start with the obvious ones;

Welcome pack.
Swedish flag.
Volvo on call set up.
Two keys plus that other thing they hand out.
Headlight washing system.
Active bending lights with shadow function.
Alloy wheel size, 19's or 20’s.
Transport blocks removed from suspension.
Rear headliner suit/coat hooks have been added.
Paint/exterior check.
Interior check - good look and feel around.
Full speck check - test items to ensure they work.
Enough fuel has been added to get you home.
Good list. Good luck with the flag!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

How much faith do people have in Volvo dealers?
Do they not do a pdi?
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

I was thinking the same about check lists, this is my first Volvo ever in 45 years of driving I am a bit worried now are Volvo dealer networks
garbage. I know Land Rover is (then again Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover) where all in the same showroom in Glasgow) and they were
totally useless. I think I have got it wrong again !
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Not just Volvo dealers, most dealers.

My life experience has shown me that most of them are inept when it comes to simple things like PDI's, hence why it's worth checking over your car before driving it off the dealer forecourt.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Possible additions to the list:

- Paint protection documentation (if you have taken this option)
- Any warranty extensions (if applicable)- Make sure this is correctly acknowledge and documentation provided (I had a run in with Audi once on this - until they realised they were wrong! but by that time I had wasted hours of my time)
- Documentation supporting any service deals (3 or 5 years etc)
- Any PIN's (for whatever purpose) - I think you are given one for Volvo on call at a minimum?
- if you are at all worried about VED limits ask for confirmation of value used on registration (Form V55/1)
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Here’s another possible addition:-

Make sure, when reviewing the PDI process, that your dealer has checked all the plastic insulation panels that are attached to the underside of your car by their little plastic bolts - yes really!

After 3 days, one of these panels dropped down at it’s front edge under my car and flapped around and scraped on the ground. I kid you not - amusing but not really.

My dealer advises it is (now) a known manufacturing fault. One of the round holes for the bolts was apparently a U shaped slot and not a hole. The bolts must have worked loose due to the wind shear. I now await a new panel from “Sweden”.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

Thanks for the update that's the kind of thing you would never hear off if it was not for the forums. (what a start for you) !

That's a bummer on a new car pjm I did say on anther post the first owners will be the test pilots for those coming behind us !
more delays might be on the cards if they have u shaped slots instead of holes.

I hope they recall all the ones that have been delivered so far and do the fix upgrade on the production line before delivery's
in the coming months.

That would give someone a real freight that plastic scrapping along the ground, not only that you might have to tear off the liner to get
you home if you can't find anything to hold it up.

Robbo