XC40 - voted very reliable

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

As subject

D12798EA-052E-4DB9-8AAF-9A058B1B2B2D.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Good for Volvo - We've had our XC40 T5 now for 14 months. Have not had a single issue of any kind. When my wife decided this was the car she wanted I had some doubts - having heard about the XC90 problems a few years ago. When I looked at the car though I commented to her that this was the most Japanese looking European automobile I have ever seen. The fit and finish was exceptional. I've owned Volvos, Saabs and many other Japanese and American cars and was very impressed. It looks like Volvo really did their homework when they designed the XC40.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
squint

Post by squint »

I have had so many problems with mine - some still unresolved. Man of my problems have occurred on other cars

I have spent countless hours visiting dealership, emailing various people including head office.

I have emailed the owner of the dealership a copy of email that was sent to Volvo itemising all the problems with supporting documentation (photos etc.) - not even an acknowledgement.

I'm now discussing rejecting the car.

Good job I wasn't involved in the questionnaire.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Sorry to hear of your multiple issues...with your car and your dealer. They didn't say it was 100% though.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I have had so many problems with mine - some still unresolved. Man of my problems have occurred on other cars

Go on then, tell us about them.
squint

Post by squint »

Smartphone integration not fitted at handover - driver’s seat had to be removed to fit it - not a great start for a new car. Couldn’t get SIM card to register - handover should have taken 1 hour 15 minutes - after 4 hours I left with unresolved problems.

Dealership lost some of my papers relating to purchase that were in car.

Number plates not fitting properly- were replaced.

Clip on front seat runner fallen off and replaced twice .

Paint problems.

I couldn’t find warning triangle - assumed it was in boot - salesman said if I couldn’t find it he’d post me another. I looked in manual to discover it’s stored in tailgate - surely a salesman whose been employed by Volvo for a few years would know that? Needless to say the triangle was where it should be.

Various software problems needing resetting - some still ongoing that dealership can't fix. I spent 3 hours there a couple of days ago - I’m a support worker - they told me they’d fixed the problems- when I checked before driving off the problems reappeared and were worse than when I took it in.
Software problems they can’t fix such as SOS button not connecting and freezing all communications.

Tyre pressures were 44.5psi - should be 33psi.

PDI not stamped in service book - was assured had been done- was then stamped at a later date - it was dated 4 days AFTER I’d collected car. I asked for proof of PDI - was told had copy - asked to be emailed - never came - asked again - sent me some blank papers with nothing completed - how does that prove a PDI had been done? Eventually was sent copy of completed ones.

I am buying new car personally - previous car belonged to my business- dealership should have paid my business for previous car - they paid me personally- I had to refund money so they would pay business- should have been done same day - didn’t.

It’s been a mixture faults with the car - some are present on other cars - and continuous errors by various people at dealership.

I have spent countless hours either at dealership, or writing emails with supporting evidence.

Sent all details to Volvo Customer Services who just offer to speak to dealership!!
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Oh dear ,how irritating.

I'd love to know which dealership,so as to avoid.
Failing that,is it in the South West?
squint

Post by squint »

It is in the Midlands.
I have today requested returning the car - rejecting it - they will let me know on Monday.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

It’s odd how some dealerships are run. We went for a test drive near where we live. It was a take it or leave it type of vibe. We ended buying from Croydon. Very positive experience on the sales side, however, my first dealings with service were a little strange. Service reception guy didn’t really know his stuff regarding dealer fit CarPlay. Had nothing but good service from them since. Car was well prepared and thus far has been fault free apart from drivers heated seat never worked. Repaired now with a new heated seat element.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.