Driving Journal not displaying routes

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Hi all,

I have noticed that the Volvo on Call app has stopped displaying the driving routes when I click on the map inside the trip details. The VOC app has in total 45 trips and only the first 12 trips is showing the driven routes. I have installed the VOC app on my iPhone X. My feeling is that installing the VOC app on a second mobile phone has affected this functionality. This is since my GF has installed the VOC app on her Android phone at around trip #12 in the trips journal and is signing in with the same Volvo ID.

I have since disabled and enabled Driving Journal in the app. Removed and reinstalled the VOC app on the phone, but still the issue remains. What are your experiences?

Cheers,
Rocket
XC40 T5 Twin Engine R-Design | Fusion Red | FEB 2020 Delivery
Full options except Keyless Entry, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Gear Shift Pads on Steering Wheel

Foo

Post by Foo »

Had my car about 8 months, 4,000 miles. My VOC app, on an Android phone, has never displayed the trio route. It only displays start and end points.

The app never displays the position of the car when engine is running. It says as much in the app and the manual.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I’ve been using the VOC app on my iPhone since the day I picked up my car from the dealer. The log has never displayed the route driven, just the start and end locations.

The Skoda app I used with my previous car logged and showed the route taken plus details of speed, g-force, revs, engine power etc etc at every point along the route and placed markers on the route where max speed, max rpm, max g, max power were reached. It also remembered every trip, not just the last 100 days. Much better app.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Rifleman wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm I’ve been using the VOC app on my iPhone since the day I picked up my car from the dealer. The log has never displayed the route driven, just the start and end locations.

The Skoda app I used with my previous car logged and showed the route taken plus details of speed, g-force, revs, engine power etc etc at every point along the route and placed markers on the route where max speed, max rpm, max g, max power were reached. It also remembered every trip, not just the last 100 days. Much better app.
I don’t think we should be concerned about g-force. Not unless you want to arrive at your destination on your driver or passenger doors😂
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 am
Rifleman wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm I’ve been using the VOC app on my iPhone since the day I picked up my car from the dealer. The log has never displayed the route driven, just the start and end locations.

I don’t think we should be concerned about g-force. Not unless you want to arrive at your destination on your driver or passenger doors😂
The g-force reading was a bit of a red rag to a bull to be honest. It was lateral g so basically an indicator of how hard you take a corner. On my regular commute it was always the same bend where I got the max g indicator and it was always a temptation to try and get a little higher g there. Certainly wouldn’t try it in the XC40 though🥴
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Well I had more time yesterday to perform more tests and have some interesting results.

First of all I can say that both our phones are working perfectly now displaying the routes for all trips.

I first logged out and uninstalled the VOC app from my GFs Android phone. Then did the same on my own Apple phone. Then I opened the Volvo ID app in the car’s center display. Logged in there with our Volvo ID account. Then I downloaded and installed the VOC app on both our phones again and pressed accept to all setup questions it asks (allow use of data) except allow to access phone agenda. Then we took out both our keys and took some turns driving with our own keys. We have two profiles setup in the car and each profile is paired to a different key. Initially the Android phone was only displaying routes for trips made with my GFs key (car opened with her key and engine started) and the Apple phone was also displaying the routes made by my key. Probably that was just a coincidence. No proof for that. But then after an hour or so, both VOC apps were displaying the routes including the four very handy parameters for all our test trips.

Everything is working fine today also.

8C88A7C8-5F76-436C-9CAD-D37EBD2B7DA2.png

Last edited by Rocket on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Full options except Keyless Entry, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Gear Shift Pads on Steering Wheel
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

My driving journal currently only shows the A and B but not the route between them, and never has since I had the car.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Perhaps a twin engine thing?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I must add that I have also a 4G SIM card installed in the dedicated slot for it in the boot. So the car has its own internet connection. But I don’t know at all if that has any effect on route display. Will test that perhaps this weekend.

The route display is actually not that important for me. But all the data collected during the route (speed, fuel consumption, battery power generation, battery power consumption) is what I find very valuable and informative. The VOC app offers the ability to scroll a timeline header over the span of the trip to see exactly at what point of the trip what have been the 4 mentioned parameters.

For example I can analyze the difference in charge consumption between letting Pilot Assist drive and manually driving the car. Or I have found out that the power steering consumes a high amount of charge from the battery when making sharp steering for parking.
Car 54

Post by Car 54 »

It must be the twin engine model.
I have Android and the latest update of the VOC app but only see the start and end points. It actually says that if the car is in use ie driving, then the location facility isn't active.