Key Fob

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So, this arrived today. Very nicely made in soft leather and a good fit. When I ordered, delivery was quoted as 20 to 40 days!! It actually arrived in 11 days. Under £7 including postage. All good no bad

FFD5D11A-E6C9-433D-A499-9BF8162F6343.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

emporiky

Post by emporiky »

Looks great, link please :mrgreen:
Current car: XC40 T4, Momentum Pro, Fusion Red
Premium Audio, Intelisafe, Park Assist 360, Versatility, Xenium, Winter packs

Previous car: Volvo V40 T3 Inscription
Deleted User 2581

Post by Deleted User 2581 »

How do you press the buttons? From the pic it looks like the buttons are covered.

My key fob already seems to have a leather cover, if yours is the same, why cover it up? Doesn't it just make the large key fob even larger? Or does the existing leather Volvo cover come off before this goes on?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

StuckAtHome wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 am How do you press the buttons? From the pic it looks like the buttons are covered.

My key fob already seems to have a leather cover, if yours is the same, why cover it up? Doesn't it just make the large key fob even larger? Or does the existing leather Volvo cover come off before this goes on?
No, the cover doesn’t make it larger. It’s just like putting on a thicker pair of socks😊. The existing cover stays in place and the buttons are marked on the side.

E55F66E6-BA16-4C20-B1AA-0CB2BD7EE85C.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

emporiky wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:12 am Looks great, link please :mrgreen:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000776732273.html?
K1t

Post by K1t »

I manged to scoop these two tasty trinkets to go with my White XC40 . The 'exact-fit' fob case made in abs is from a company in the states and came in Black, White and Met.red, but I now believe that other relevant colours, Met.Blue, Grey, Silver etc are also now available. Not bad at around £15.00 inc. shipping. (Have you seen the UK Volvo price for a White Leather shell cover! :o Not much change out of £175.00! :lol: BTW, its WAY cheaper in the EU, €80.00, BUT, they will not ship to the UK :roll: The VOLVO logo is cnc cut carbon fibre from a company, in Poland, if I remember rightly? Lastly, the I-Phone cover, again in abs was from a guy in the UK, who made them because he actually owns and loves his XC40, so I can`t say fairer than that.

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2096.JPG

XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

K1t wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm I manged to scoop these two tasty trinkets to go with my White XC40 . The 'exact-fit' fob case made in abs is from a company in the states and came in Black, White and Met.red, but I now believe that other relevant colours, Met.Blue, Grey, Silver etc are also now available. Not bad at around £15.00 inc. shipping. (Have you seen the UK Volvo price for a White Leather shell cover! :o Not much change out of £175.00! :lol: BTW, its WAY cheaper in the EU, €80.00, BUT, they will not ship to the UK :roll: The VOLVO logo is cnc cut carbon fibre from a company, in Poland, if I remember rightly? Lastly, the I-Phone cover, again in abs was from a guy in the UK, who made them because he actually owns and loves his XC40, so I can`t say fairer than that.

IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2096.JPG
👌
Deleted User 2581

Post by Deleted User 2581 »

It's all personal opinion of course and if you like this sort of thing then go for it. They both look good.

But personally I think the Volvo key is too big to start with, adding anything to the exterior can't help but make it bigger. Not for me, thanks.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Yes they do look nice, I put mine in a small faraday pouch for security.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Mark123 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:16 pm Yes they do look nice, I put mine in a small faraday pouch for security.
That goes without saying. I have two - a his and hers🙂