Glasses Holder

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21โ€, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

Terms Agreed

Post by Terms Agreed »

I've fitted the driver's side glasses case in my XC40 and there's no need to try and locate the case flaps under the headlining.

So there's no awkward part of installation, it just screwing the case, using the original screws into the original tapped holes.

This is as per instruction 7 in the "pjm007" supplied official Volvo instructions above.

You simply snip the flaps off and screw the case to the car.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Instructions! .... instructions! ...
I don't need no steenking instructions!
ยฉ Mel Brooks 1974
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May๐Ÿ˜ž
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Raymondo111

Post by Raymondo111 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 pm P. S, the dealer will ask for your car details, just ask for the current offer on the glasses case I'm sure if there was a problem they'd tell you.
Good luck.
Thanks very much for the detailed explanation it's much appreciated, I probably won't go ahead with this as my car is on lease so the lease company can be a bit arsey when changing things on a lease car and it would appear that I probably wouldn't be able to return it to to OEM with the bits that have been snipped off.

Cheers, Ray
ExSeeForty

Post by ExSeeForty »

The bits that can be snipped off are on the glasses holder.

You don't need to remove the same bits on the handle, the handle is simply removed.

If you want to replace the handle at some point it will be intact.

post above edited to clarify.
With apologies to Bernard Bernardsson
Last edited by ExSeeForty on Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernard Bernardsson

If you keep the handle(s), and refit them, I'm sure no-one would know, as you'd have to actually remove the handles to know? Also the handles would still have the flaps on, so with some fiddling, they'd be exactly the same as they were before swapping them. Your choice mind, I'm sure you will enjoy your car with or without the glasses holder๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

Just seen the above answer, the handles on mine had the flaps on, I'm going for a lie down, I'll be on the slippery slope that leads to reading instructions if this carries on... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
ExSeeForty

Post by ExSeeForty »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: โ†‘Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:09 pm
Just seen the above answer, the handles on mine had the flaps on, I'm going for a lie down, I'll be on the slippery slope that leads to reading instructions if this carries on... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Apologies for the confusion. I meant the same as you. I've edited my original post. Hope you enjoyed your lie down.
Bernard Bernardsson

Apologies??? I'm touched, no one's ever apologised to me before, I'm in love ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Many thanks for this information, I've just ordered one for my XC.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Thank you guys for this discussion! I've ordered a glasses holder from my dealer when you started this thread for some 35 EUR (I'm in Croatia) and they mounted it just today! Looks good, doesn't stick out so it won't be bumping my head and I only have a slight problem while opening it (can't stick my finger so easily in that small "opening hole"). But the glasses fits nice in it, it closes automatically and slowly (of course it looks premium) and what's most important for me - you can't hear any rattle noise from the glasses moving in there. Proper Volvo accessories, as expected :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018