Ghent factory

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

In the news this evening, not unexpected I suppose :|

Volvo will temporarily stop production at its plant in Ghent, Belgium, the company said.

The halt, which started Tuesday afternoon, was caused by a combination of a shortage of workers and government efforts to shut down nearly all non-critical operations to slow the spread of the coronavirus, a Volvo spokeswoman said in an email to Automotive News Europe.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Inevitable I suppose given all that’s going on. If it hadn’t been a shortage of workers, it would have been a shortage of components eventually.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
tasgla

Post by tasgla »

Hello,

Is there an official communication about the situation in Ghent factory?

Thank you
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

tasgla wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:32 pm Hello,

Is there an official communication about the situation in Ghent factory?

Thank you
Not a recent one that I can see. On 20/3 they said it would close until 5/4. Does that mean it's open again or just that they haven't bothered issuing an update?

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/ ... eases/list
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Fatbaker

Post by Fatbaker »

For those waiting for cars to be manufactured this offers a glimmer of hope if these dates are achievable. (Translation below thanks to Google translate)
Corona pandemic continues to hit the automotive industry. Volvo Cars has previously pressed the pause button for production in both Torslanda, Ghent and Charleston and has short-term permits for 20,000 employees in Sweden. Now, the ticket giant announces that it will be forced to extend production stops in both Sweden, Belgium and the US.
Affects both suppliers and customers According to the new message, production in Torslanda and Gent will resume on April 20. Charleston plans to start on May 4. - The effects of the virus affect the conditions for us, our customers, suppliers and the entire logistics chain. Based on the latest information, we have judged that a restart according to this schedule is the most realistic. We must give our employees and suppliers time to plan for the restart, ”says Stefan Elfström, press spokesman at Volvo Cars.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Production confirmed to resume on Monday, initially at a slower rate:

https://trends.knack.be/economie/bedrij ... 89267.html
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

At least my car will be superclean, when it finally gets built, 😂😂. Not sure how it'll work for delivery if the dealers are still shut🤔🤔
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

My Dealer advised Volvo reopened the Ghent factory this week, albeit at 50% capacity.

My Volvo currently showing to be built in the middle of May and hopefully it should be with the dealer towards the end of May.
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel
Moss

Post by Moss »

Hi all.

FYI : Volvo cars Ghent reopens (with full capacity assembly) on Monday May 4th.